1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdx on 4.1e

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by manugirl, Jan 7, 2010.

1. manugirl

manugirl Regular member

i softmodded a freinds wii the other night, after installing hbc i installed dvdx but no channel has come up and it does not play dvds, can someone please tell me how this dvdx works and if im doing anything wrong. thankyou for any help and advice.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

DVDX is a behind the scene application. You need an application like mplayer that links to DVDX to play DVD in the Wii.

So DVDX is only half the setup. You need to find a player application to use with DVDX.

On another note I think it is pointless to use a Wii as a DVD Player. Go buy a cheap $25 player if you want to play DVD's.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  3. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

DVDX is a program that lets homebrew programs access and read the DVD drive. It is not specifically for the playback of DVD movies.

If you read the wiki page about DVDX it lists programs that can access the drive, including several media players that can be used to play DVDs.

However, the wii was not designed to play DVD movies and makes for a poor DVD player. It lacks proper subtitle support and upscaling. And playing DVD movies on the wii will cause far more wear and tear on the drive than playing games and cause it to burn out faster.

4. manugirl

manugirl Regular member

hey thanks alot larrylje and penguin98, that helped millions,