DVDXCopy - could not send to requested location

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by buddyking, Jun 24, 2004.

1. buddyking

buddyking Member

Hi. I bought XCopy a year ago when I first wanted to record movies from DVD, but just purchased a TDKindiDVD+R/+RW/CD and now I can't make a copy of a movie, I get the error from XCopy, "DVD recorder could not send to requested location Code=02030200h. TDK has an injunction against XCopy or vice versa, but there is not support available. I am feeling I have wasted $500 that I cannot afford to waste and the sooner I find out if this is a doable thing, the easer it will be to return this stuff that seems to be without support. Any referrals or help will be greatly appreciated.

2. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

Hi Buddyking,
    Thats a new error to me. First I would try and uninstall the burner and the Xcopy software and reinstall them.

To correctly unistall the Xcopy software.

In control panel>add/remove>dvd xcopy. Remove it.
    Goto My computer>double click c:>program files>321 studios, now delete xcopy folder.
    Now back to the desktop. Empty the recycle bin and reboot twice.
    This is the correct method to uninstall xcopy

3. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

NM

Last edited: Jun 24, 2004
  4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

This doesn't really matter, just wanted to know. Are you meaning XCopy and your burner combined?

Anyhow, what TDK burner do you have? Have you updated the burners firmware?

I wouldn't go that far. I've got XCopy Platinum and use a TDK 840G and all works fine here. Also what version of XCopy are you using?

5. buddyking

buddyking Member

DVD XCopy 1.5.2
    Thanks for your help.

6. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

Buddyking,
    You need the newest version of Xcopy. The version that you have is old. PM me with your Instant messenger address and I can get you the newest version. Your original License id and password will activate it with no problem.

7. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

Flip218,

[bold]Quote:

[bold]----------
    [bold]I've got XCopy Platinum and use a TDK 840G and all works fine here.
    [bold]----------

I just received X-copy Platinum 4.0.3 and for the longest time trying to locate a compatable burner for this program. How do you rate the quality of your burns? Also which media are you using? Perhaps this will be the burner I'll purchase. Thanks!

8. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

Oops...Sorry for all the [bold]Bold[bold]Text

9. flip218

Pony321,

I've had great results ... after I updated my firmware and aspi layer :) Also just to let you know my TDK DVDRW840G (OEM PLEXTOR PX-708A) according to RPC1.com ... So either way your getting a good burner. The media I use is Verbatim branded 2.4x +R's and TDK 4x +R's.

10. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

Just a note to say.

Most DVD writers rip at 2x, but liteon burners dont have the ripping limitations set. I've seen 10X ripping with my 451s flashed with HSOQ to 851s. Any liteon will do.
    Lite-on ROCKS.
    Just for your information.

11. brobear

brobear Guest

How many people have gone to 321 lately and tried to reactivate a ripper copy of software or one of the RF derived from such a program? Due to the lost court case, 321 has no support and hasn't been reactivating the software for licensed users. So beware, if you remove your program, you may not be able to reactivate. There is even a note on this by the moderator on the DVDXCopy forum.

buddyking

depending on the program you have, there may be a drive select setup in the <start> program menu. My Platinum has it. Also in the program itself there is a file named PCSetup. Opening this you get the drives recognized by the Patin-coufin driver. Check those to see if the drive is recognized or not. If not recognized, the only alternative may be reloading the program as others have mentioned. Check to make sure you can reactivate.

Fast is not always a good thing. A lot of the 8X burners can burn 4X at higher speeds. 4X is still the most common disc on the shelves. I prefer burning at the rated speeds with my old trusty 4x Dual Format Memorex. The higher rated drives aren't fast enough to get me to change from a sure thing (yet). Buying new, go with the faster drives. PC World rates the 10 best drives each month. Though not the top, due to slower writes on some formats, the memorex is consistently near the top 5 as the others come and go. Any of the good drives should work with XCopy or any other quality program.

I don't remember the site, it was in the UK I believe, that had the latest ripper versions of 321 software. The whole batch was there. They are not functional as they are not activated. So the later programs can be found.

As for media. There is a cruel joke being played on the general public. A lot of brands use the same manufacturer and the only difference can be in the name on the disc. I got Ricoh for Memorex, Verbatim, Maxell, and Imation. Ricoh is a decent manufacturer. Another is mitsubishi and there are others. I hear Ritek is a consistent brand.

Buying a single brand does not ensure you have the same disk each time with a lot of different brands. DVDInfoPro is a good program for checking disks and finding manufacturers, DVDIdentifier is another. With DVDInfoPro you get some harmless adware but more test functions. Check out the media threads and you can get an idea of some favorites.

12. flip218

13. brobear

brobear Guest

Thanks for the link flip. Those are the ripper programs, there were later RF versions. Those phone numbers for activation still link to 321 Studios. So without activation they are useless programs. They may be of some use to users that are activated. I have the old ripper version and the RF on my PC. I would try putting one of these programs in another folder and see if it will work, before deleting the old version. Haven't tried it, but it might work. My ripper and RF versions are on different drives and the activation recognized the program.

14. flip218

brobear,

Are you able to download RF? Although I already had it, I went ahead and e-mailed 321. They issued me a new license(same password), and I can download RF again(if I needed to).

15. brobear

brobear Guest

Flip,
    I purchased the old version 3.2.1 Platinum program direct from 321 Studios. I did all the upgrades and saved to disk. So I have the programs including the RF. I was doing some work with the drives and checked to see if 321 would reactivate my program. They were unwilling to do so last week when I checked. I belive there was something about people who purchased RF being able to reactivate their product. Was your purchase the old ripper or the new RF product?

Don't know what your situation is, but you're one of the lucky ones or they changed their policy again. I've been hearing conflicting stories. It's starting to get to be more of a hassle than the program is worth. If I loose the program by some reason and I can't readily activate it, I may just let it go.

By the way, have you noticed that XCopy won't record some Disney movies? Had 2 in the last week. Same discs would record with Recode2, so not bad discs. XCopy still functions well with other movies.

16. flip218

Brobear,

I bought it when it was v.3.1.1.0 or something like that. I saved most versions also. But there was a time I couldn't download RF. I'm able to as of last week, that's when I emailed support and gave my license and password. They issued a new license (same password). And I can download RF again(if I need to). I did this just to see if it would work, and it did. If it's worth your time give it a try, I sent my request to support@321studios.com

17. brobear

brobear Guest

I contacted support and noted I didn't like the loss of support and how about the activation. I was told to check with sales for a refund. Similar situation and 2 separate outcomes. Maybe they changed the policy again after I called. They were opening themselves up for a class action lawsuit. They guaranteed the product with upgrades, support and activation.