1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E3 2005: PS3 Price Revealed? May 17, 2005

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jayquik03, May 18, 2005.

1. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

Well i know this is the xbox forum and I refuse to go in the ps3 forum heh, so here ya go xbox fans something to tickle your fancy! taken straight from IGN.com

May 17, 2005 - According a an article published in the May 17th edition of Japan's Mainichi Shimbun, the PlayStation 3 could be one of the most expensive mass-market videogame consoles ever created. Officials from Sony apparently told the newspaper that PlayStation 3s would sell in Japan for "less than 50,000 yen each." That translates to about $465 US dollars.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/615/615745p1.html?fromint=1

if someone wants to be nice they can let everyone in the ps3 vs. xbox forums know about this one :p

2. Kyoji24

Kyoji24 Member

Well if that's true then I"m gonna have to do the same thing that I did about the ps2. That is way a few years for the price to come down on it and then buy it. Either that or wait for a chip to come out for someone to mod it.

3. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

just read this on a decent website, note they are not my words but someone elses :)

came off this website

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/news.php?aid=8935

4. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

I am not really on either side and i have nothing against any of these consoles you guys should either... to me if something is better than the other with mods and games but it costs more i would still go for it...the price is not anything to rub in the ps3 fans face because most could care less if they think it has better features...so i would go over there and tell them considering they probably know already. I personally think its a little dumb to argue over which one is better now since there isnt that much info on them.

5. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

I have always hated Sonys Playstation 1 and 2, but I must admit that the PS3 really had me impressed at E3. I am already going to pre prder the Xbox 360, because I love it and I cant wait to get one and have been a big fan of xbox. I swore I would never get a Sony, but after playing it, I think I just might have to get both systems, because they are both truely a piece of work. Its unbelievable how far they have gone with these new consoles. They both look really good and have spectactular specs. I think I will get both but probably get the 360 first. Also there is a lot of hate on the PS3s controllers, but they fell nice and they remind me of the Microsoft Sidewinder controllers for the PC and the sidewinder is my favorite controller of all time. You should know those controllers are a lot nicer than they look. Both systems are really something to marvel at.