Easiest, Most Expansive/Diverse Music Making Program?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by jusumdude, Sep 12, 2009.

1. jusumdude

jusumdude Member

hey guys...im needing a program to use to make remixs of some of my favorite tunes, all of which have no lyrics and come from movie soundtracks or video game soundtracks. People have told me to use programs like FL studio (learning to use in demo) and other ones like Magix music maker and more...

Now im needing to know (if possible) the top 5 or 3 best music making programs out there. ***And yes i am willing to spend a couple hundred bucks if needs be.*** Im ONLY looking for programs that let you make your own music via a piano roll or some other melody maker as i dont know how i read music of any kind.

I am liking FL studio so far, its got a bit of a learning curve but has similar princibles to Adobe premier (im familiar with), while the demo for MAgix music maker didn't leave much to be desired.

If i learn how to use wutever program u mention i would like to know how many differant instrument and choirish sounds are included, OR if i have to buy extra sound bundles.The kind of music i hope to create uses many differant orchestral instruments, some electric guitars for some atmosphere, electronica sounds for more atmos. and plenty of choir like vocals.

***PLEASE LISTEN*** Here are links to some youtube videos with songs very similar to that which i hope to create, it would also be awesome if i can be told whether or not these programs to be mentioned will even be powerful enuff to replicate these tunes. Listen to them, theyll help + there awesome songs ^.^

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Spirit Temple:
    (demonstrated the unique instruments and electronic noises i wanna implement)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-jT6T59rYw

Metroid Prime 2 Echoes. Submerged Temple
    (demonstrated electronic noises and instrument types)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpbhuYynxvw

Halo: The Ghost Of Reach
    (demonstrated the heavy drum beats and choir vocals i hope to implement):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa306R6JaHA

I hope to make other songs similar to the work of John Williams, howard Shore, and Hanz zimmer but they consist of th typical orchestral imstruments i trust these programs include.

So there u have it...thats the kinda music i hope to make...all i need is the program...which one is the best bang for ur buck, the easiest to use, the biggest and most diverse sound library, and if it's powerful enuff to make songs like those...

Now pleeeeeez help me with this...i've posted many of these questions on multiple QnA sites and ppl do give answers like "try Fruity loops, or this n that program". Im VERY new to this...i really dont know the first thing about makin music...lol i just know there are remixes and songs in my head i MUST make. And btw those examples i provided, PLZ listen to them, they demonstrate the EXACT kind of music i wanna make, down to the choirs and everything. (where i might find the kind of instruments used to make those songs for download would be awesome too). Please guys, im hoping this is my last post of this question. Help a bro out?

Thanks a TON guys, ANY help with this will be greatly appreciated
    -Nate aka Jussumdude

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

the industry standard, which i have been using and teaching for the past ten years, is Digidesign's Pro Tools. There is also Cakewalk, Cubase, and Reason.