eBay/Paypal Screwed Me :(

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by chwoolgar, Dec 21, 2008.

1. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Anyone else had this problem? I recently sold 10 XBOX 360 consoles on eBay that I picked up quite cheap, all 100% legit, not chipped or anything, all brand new.

I sold all 10 within a week on buy it now auctions on ebay and all payments were made by paypal.

Yesterday my paypal account became "limited". So I rang Paypal and their staff told me that my paypal account has become limited due to "Fraudulent" activity?!?!? They then proceeded to tell me that my funds would be placed on hold for a period no shorter than a year and after that point they would decide if I can move the money or not.

All that I can do at the moment is refund payments and all the items have been dispatched so all I can think of doing is refunding all payments after emailing the buyers in the hope that they can send me cash payments.

I have got over 2000 pounds in my account!!! I hate paypal!

Anyone had this happen to them or got any ideas on what I can do?

2. maxikaz

maxikaz Member

i hate them too, is there any alternetives to gaypal?

3. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

I suppose there is egold, moneybookers and a few others but the majority of people do not use these payment services :(

4. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Wow this is awful.

If I were you, I'd phone them back up and ask to speak to a manager or something, I work for a call centre myself, and believe me, we'll you on the phone will tell you absolutely anything. Call up and ask for someone in charge.

5. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

I agree I would call them. You need to ask them why they are thinking there is fraudulent activity going on.

All it takes is one retard to complain about an auction sometimes and all hell breaks loose.

I dealt with them in the past when I was selling Military items on Ebay and someone took offense at some German items.
    But we got things settled by talking on the phone.