Emailing videos?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by myrealtr, Mar 14, 2008.

1. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

Does anyone know how to go about emailing a large video or even uploading it to a site like YouTube without having to spend a fortune on software or join a site that charges high fees? I did try to upload it to YouTube and it took over 12 hours to upload. After the 'processing' page was up for over another 12 hours I got a message telling me that the video was too large. This is not an entertainment video but it's information I need my daughter to review as soon as possible. Any suggestions other then putting it in snail mail, which I should have done the first part of this week and she'd have it already?
    Please point me in the right direction if anyone can.
    Thanks for any help you can give.
    Linda

2. silk42

silk42 Regular member

There are several sites out there that offer this type of service. Your problem may be with the size of the file. Most free sites have limits to the file size. Here are just a few of the available sites.

YouSendIt (link here)
    DropSend (link here)
    SendThisFile (link here)
    MegaUpload (link here)

For the most part, if your file is larger than 1GB, then you're probably going to have to pay to send it. You could setup your own FTP server, but that involves many steps and your ISP has to allow FTP traffic.

3. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

Thanks for your reply and help.

4. tigger27

tigger27 Member

I want to save videos from youtube. The site is blocked at the school where I teach and I use some of the videos in class. Help! Don't have any idea how to do this.