1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emulators For PS2 ( Other Consoles )

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Noriko82, Jan 29, 2005.

1. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

there is no GBA emulator available yet, its in the works right now... there is nothing you can download yet. as for the N64, there wont be one in the near future. if old school basic systems arent running perfectly yet then more advanced systems are going to be hard to do. there is an emulator for the xbox of N64, but one for the PS2 looks bleek. of course, there are programmers every day working on this stuff, so maybe its not as far of a cry as it may seem

2. superstui

superstui Regular member

how big are the emulators (GB ?)

also could someone please answer my questions up above.

3. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

depends on the emulator (of course) but they are very small... usually not more than a few MB each. the roms are also usually very small. its not unheard of to burn close to 100 roms to a disk with some emulators. think about the technology they had in the past, they didnt have the ability to store gigs of information.

as for the HD question, i cant help you there. but someone who knows about PS2 harddrives, please help him.

4. superstui

superstui Regular member

that's sweet I plan on putting emulators on my hd as long as somebody answers those questions...lol..j/k

5. rj21

rj21 Regular member

does anyone have a good site where i can download some snes roms? ive found a few sites but none of them are any good, when i goto download a rom i just get a html file :S

6. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

7. bigair

bigair Guest

anyone have neogeo cd emulator? i need help wit it.

8. gotmished

gotmished Member

This is great stuff! just one thing, duz anybody know a mame roms site?

9. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

emulator assylum (see link above) has all sorts of ROMs, including MAME. but thats just one site of thousands out there. you can also try a google search for the ROMs you are looking for.

10. Bobbinbob

Bobbinbob Regular member

would ZSNES work if i just put it on the hard drive? or does it need to be specifically designed for the PS2?

11. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

im not familiar with ZNES, so im going to assume its an emulator for the PC. if that is the case, then no, you cant just load it onto your HDD, youll need an emulator created specifically for the PS2.

12. Bobbinbob

Bobbinbob Regular member

dang thats to bad, i was thinking i could jsut move everything from one hard drive to another. oh well.

Oh yeah, ive read that you need swap magic or some other kinda of cd swapping thing or mod chip to get it to work. would you only need to do this once if you wanted to put it on the hard drive? and if you cna load it directly from the hard drive, does it conflict with the HD loader?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2005
  13. superstui

superstui Regular member

Hi everybody,

I used to have emulators on my computer, ( I think I had one for NES that was called NESTICLE???) anyways, If I find the floppy that nesticle is on, can i put it onto my PS2 hd through my computer using like winhip?

If I can't' find the floppy, can you guys give me a list of the best emulators that would work on my PS2 hd.

Like the best emualtor that is compatible for PS2 from...

1)NES
    2)SNES
    3) N64... etc..

thx everybody

14. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

if somebody comes and give me three balls to wish three things i want, i will use one to wish for a N64 Emulator to ps2, Working perfectly lol :)

15. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

the "best" emulator is something that is subjective. everyone has their own opinion on what works best, and truly that is because not all hardware is created equal. of those you wanted to know of, in my opinion, the best emulators are as follows (once again, these are only [bold]my[/bold] opinion):

1) NES: It Might Be NES- it's actually full speed and has sound. pretty darn good program, but takes some getting used to.
    2) SNES: SNES station- pretty much the only one available outside of small independent projects.
    2) N64: there is not one available at this time

hope this will help you a little

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2005
  16. Shitbox

Shitbox Guest

Anyone know of an emulator that can play TG16 games on PS2?

17. NoSldrPs2

NoSldrPs2 Guest

18. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

ask politely and you shall recieve. PM me and ill email you the emulator. and yeah, they shutdown the site now for some reason.

im thinking of making a site full emulators for PS2 where you can download them. what do you guys think?

19. superstui

superstui Regular member

I think that is a sweet idea

20. Sygon

Sygon Guest

A GBA emulator for PS2 would be awesome (i have one of those mini screens for my PS2 and a car adapter) i'll finally be able to play GBA roms without a flash memory system xD. Oh, are there any Dreamcast emulators for PS2? I've been looking for one of those... i love my dreamcast.