1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emulators For PS2 ( Other Consoles )

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Noriko82, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Raalk

Raalk Member

I don't think they'll make an emulator for something the system has built in, you're out of luck.

2. emaster7

emaster7 Guest

Hello

i'm new here so i have a few questions

-can that info gb play gba
    - what do i need to play them in my ps2

i have an matriz infinity chipped ps2

i'm from europe,holland so i don't know so much english

greetz
    emaster

3. rory2006r

rory2006r Member

So is there no way to emulate, or boot my PSX backups?
    Is there a Boot Disc I can buy.... anything? :(

I really miss playing my Resident Evil's, Final Fantasy's, and Tomb Raider's. :'(

4. Blabla222

Blabla222 Member

Hey. This question hasn't been asked in over a year, so I figure I'll ask it again. I did read most of this forum and several others.

Is there a N64 emulator for the PS2, and if so, where can I get it? Thanks in advance!

5. lilgchild

lilgchild Member

still looking for a gba emulator and n64 for the ps2

6. emaster7

emaster7 Guest

so

Whats going on about the GBA Emu On the ps2

7. SaxTH

SaxTH Member

Noob question, but any help would be appreciated. I'm installing a flip top/swap magic on my fat ps2 this week. I've downloaded a emulator/rom package off a torrent and I've got a question. I know I can use SNes Station and just drop roms into a /rom directory but what I've downloaded seems to be the snes_emu.elf memory card exploit hack with games. I don't have access to the whole memory card exploit tools so can I just take all the roms that are in this package (which have the extension .smc) and drop those into a directory on a burned disc with the Snes Station program and boot em up, or do these type of extensions/roms only work with the elf exploit? Thanks in advance.

8. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

You can download the whole SNES station here and all you need to do is put the roms in each of the directories already made for you, then burn it all to CD and play it yes with your swapmagic disc.
    There is a guide in that download to help you make a CD for either a modded PS2 or a non-modded PS2. Yours being the latter as you will use Swapmagic.

You will need to register probably at teammodders to download.

9. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

You would need Breaker Pro to play your PS1 backups on the PS2.

And to the other peeps asking there is no GBA or N64 Emulator and there probably won't be.
    The PS2 is not fast enough to emulate them from what I have heard.

10. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Active member

Ok its been a while... Can you boot emulators and the roms directly off the HDD..

11. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

12. RotiMan

RotiMan Member

hey guys ive been reading up on this thread...thnx a lot all those who've posted information here btw.

however it is 15 pages of reading goodness and ive scanned through but ive failed to find a few things im confused about so if anyone could help me out im noobish to this stuff so if u could help id be greatful.

i have downlaoded and been able to successfully use snes station and use it on my ps2. however almost all the games i have lag too much to play or the sound keeps clipping, also resulting in lag.

the question i have is:
    is there any other snes emulator for ps2 without lag? becuase i want to play with sound.
    and if so could someone post the link to download it please?

thanks a lot everyone

13. gabokerr

gabokerr Member

Sorry if this has been asked before, but i couldn´t find in the searches.

I have good working dvd´s for some of these consoles you talked already for my ps2, but now i´m trying to make one for the Atari 2600. Both emulators I got ask for me to rename the files in the 8.3 format, according to their FILES.TXT. But i have got more than 4000 roms, it´s a really daunting task! It seems they were renamed using Good2600 software. The question is, is there some "un-renaming" program or tool available somewhere? So that the roms would have their "correct" 8.3 filenames?

Another thing. I´ve seen also somewhere a port of Stella (another atari emulator) for the Linux. It happens to be on the same site as the "Linux on PS2" project. I have some experience with Red Hat based distributions, so, is it possible for me to use their Linux for PS2 distribution, install their Stella for Linux, without having their mentioned Linux for PS2 kit, with keyboard and etc? Only with the discs and ps2 controller?

My PS2 has the some infinity clone modchip (runs all games except for Gran Turismo 4, dammit), and I have 64MB memcard.

Any answer would be fine (first is easier.. but if second worked would be really nice). Thanks for the attention.

Gabriel

14. kaneda_77

kaneda_77 Member

I have read that there is a hack for the SNES station that will allow people to play off of the hard drive. It's probly BS, but I figured that I'd check with you fellas. I've been following this thread and the mc exploit thread for 4 years..... I love all the info and wish that I could contribute, but someone smarter always replies before I do. If you have a link for the snes emulator that will play roms off of hd, that would be cool. I liked the idea of using hdloader and making it an ISO, but someone said that won't work. That woulda been pretty sweet.

oops.. i think i found it just now. go here:
    http://freenet-homepage.de/ps2dev/emulators.html

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  15. aftrdrawn

aftrdrawn Regular member

hello guys can some one help me. i wanted to play ps2 games on pc but my friend told me that i can play ps2 games on pc when i have 1 gb ram and agp card but when i went to computer shop they told me about a video card and now i heard from another person about ATI redon card and he also said that buy ati and gt card with 512 mb now offffffffffffffffffffffff guys i am confused what should i do please tell me what should i actually buy to play ps2 games on pc. please reply ur best pleaseeeeeeeeee. i am sick

16. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

To emulate PS2 games on the PC, you really should have a duo core processor, a 512mb graphics card, and about 2GB of ram.
    Now if you don't some games may play but they will more than likely be slow and choppy.
    If you were going to spend that anyway then thats fine, but if not you would be better of just getting a PS2 and having it chipped.

17. aftrdrawn

aftrdrawn Regular member

ok thnx i reallly apreciate it.:)

18. rockleex

rockleex Member

Hmm... the weird thing is, they can make a GBA emulator for PSP... but not the PS2.

They can make SNES, MAME, and Sega emulators for PS2... but not GBA.

Also, it would take a lot more processing power to emulate SNES, MAME, or Segas. Yet, its "difficult" to emulate a GBA for the PS2... but not the PSP... which is weaker.

One thing I can understand is that its hard to program for the PS2... but since they were able to program SNES, MAME, and Sega emulators... it SHOULD be a LOT easier to emulate GBA...

19. metallord

metallord Member

Hi, i was just looking on google for a GBA emulator for PS2, and i was reading this, but i did't find out if the Emu is done or not.

20. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

In short, NO, there is no GBA emulator or Nintendo 64 emulator and probably never will there be. Good news is though you can play GBA on your DS or PSP.