1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emulators For PS2 ( Other Consoles )

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Noriko82, Jan 29, 2005.

1. TheOnly

TheOnly Guest

I have fliptop and Swap Magic 3.3. Can I use any emulators and roms for this or do I specifically need the HDD with the ps2 to use it?

Sorry, I'm new to all this so I guess I don't quite get it yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2005
  2. Sygon

Sygon Guest

As far as i know most of the emulators when used with Swap Magic or any other swap disc style mod require that you have shortened file names (8 characters for SNES station). You can burn the discs but there may be exceptions that i dont know of. Hope that helps ^_^

3. NoSldrPs2

NoSldrPs2 Guest

Yeah!
    I've heard somewhere thath the PS2 MAME only accepts 30 or so games, so it would be a CD with a lot of spare space!!!!!

4. alchi

alchi Member

Is there anyway of saving game states to memory card with the PSMS emulator?

5. romero

romero Regular member

It's actually a PGEN in the ARmax EVO package.

6. robbo1987

robbo1987 Member

So do i need my ps2 to be modded with a chip or fliptop for the emulators to work? i have an armax evo so i would be able to play gensis roms anyway but i wouldnt mind being able to use the others aswell.

7. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

I suggest the fliptop, that way you wont have your PS2 get messed up inside ;)

-Mike

8. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

you can always try the P2P programs...Ares, Kazaa, ect. But lol, you will be taking a chance virus wise,unless u have a good virus program...I have got over 150 Roms for the SNES from Ares. Not to mention hundreds of other Emulators and roms from there...

9. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

can n e one help me get an emulator program(s) onto a disk so that i can play it on my PS2? (I have a modchip). I know there was that link but i didnt understand it...lol. And also, will I have to turn the files into an .ISO format? Can someone help me out?

Thanks.

10. NoSldrPs2

NoSldrPs2 Guest

It seems that the emulators for the PS2 only work on the PS2 disk (it seems to be what hppens with the MAME, and it only can take 30 games....).

If anyone did burn the MAME and get it to work, i would also know how.....

Also, if anyone has an AR MAX Evo bkup working....

11. romero

romero Regular member

I've heard that this PS2 MAME emulator won't work very well, only couple of games runs as they should, so I haven't bothered to even test it.

bmxer4lyf: What emus do you want to burn?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  12. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

the emulators i want to burn onto disc, are SNES & Sega Genesis

thanks.

13. Neuromods

Neuromods Member

Damn, I never knew PS2 could run those... Im new to PS2 and mod Xboxs. I have all those Emus on my xbox hardrive, I think it's more easy for the Xbox to run them.

14. romero

romero Regular member

They both are very easy to burn, just stuff emulator files and directories containing ROMs to CD and let the laser smoke. You don't have to convert them to ISO, use Nero and burn the CD with Mode2/XA, ISO+Joliet and long filenames.

If you want both emulators to same CD you must use PS2menu or some similar utility but I can't help you with these since I haven't used them myself.

15. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

the MAME emulator only works with naplink (according to the programer)... so burning it to a disk will just result in coasters. and yes, the max rom limit is 30.

16. superstui

superstui Regular member

Do I need to take my PS2 hard drive out of my PS2 and put it into my computer to transfer the emulator files onto the PS2?

17. superstui

superstui Regular member

1) what do you use to transfer emulators from your computer to your PS2 hard drive?

2) a. Do you have to put the hd from the PS2 into the comp?
    b. Do you need to switch the hd to master or slave or what when you put it in the comp?

3) Can you just use like hd loader to access and play the games off the PS2 hard drive?

18. shujinko

shujinko Guest

im still waiting for that gameboy advance emulator to come out, I sure hope it runs pretty good. Does any one know when it will be out?

19. jlesspe

jlesspe Guest

superstui- http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/122897
    that'll get you to be able to load stuff to your HDD from your computer without having to take the HDD out of your ps2 and put it in your PC. I'm still downloading the emu's i want to use so I don't know how well its gonna work. But it does great for copying reg. ps2 gaems over to the HDD. hope that helped out

20. superstui

superstui Regular member

thank you for the link. Is there an easier way of doing that by taking the hard drive out of the PS2 and putting it inot the computer? Wouldn't that be simpler?

BTW what is FTPing your PS2?