1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EPSON PRINT CD SOFTWARE

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by paulv, May 24, 2005.

1. Kissmiss

Kissmiss Member

My bad for not posting sooner but I found the disk and installed it already. What I discovered was that the bad printing was due to the use of Taiyo Yuden DVDs and not the Epson printer. I had purchased 200 Taiyo Yuden Value disks and none of them could be printed to properly. The surface just wasn't working. I could print to Some older Ridata disks just fine.

Thinking it was the "Value" disks that were causing the problem, I foolishly ordered some regular Taiyo Yuden disks only to discover that they too, albeit to a lesser extent, had serious printing probles as well. I don't know why I switched from the solid and reliable Ridata disks but I had heard so many people trumpeting how wonderful the TYs were that I figured I would make the switch. Never again.

I'm a Ridata guy for life.

2. johnsok1

johnsok1 Member

Hi,
    I am looking for some software to print a business card DVD.
    From what I understand older versions of the epson print CD software can do this, but I only have the most recent.
    Can anyone post an old version that can support this, or recommend any software that can do this?
    Many thanks
    Kevin

3. Kissmiss

Kissmiss Member

As far as I know, all versions of Epson Print CD can be adjusted as to Inner and Outer Dimensions by choosing "Custom CD" and setting them for whatever you want.

4. johnsok1

johnsok1 Member

In order to get it to print on the Business card CD, I had to spend a while creating a template to put the business card in, similar to the supplied template fo mini DVD's

5. Kissmiss

Kissmiss Member

Perhaps I wasn't sufficiently clear or didn't properly understand the question.

If you want to shrink existing covers (jpg files) then I'm not sure Epson Print CD software is up to the task. AFAIK, it can only select the space that will be printed on the CD/DVD, into which the jpg file will print. You may need to massage your image in one of a variety of other photo-management softwares first, if you need to shrink it.

Infarnview is free and can "shrink" your picture for you, I believe.

6. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Right after installing my Epson RX680 (I bought it for CD/DVD printing) the first thing I did after running the software was to make an ISO of the disc with Imgburn. Convert the ISO to an RAR archive then make Par2's as well then save all of that to a DVD. That way I can recover my disc should I ever need to do so....

7. nerys

nerys Member

I need some help with Epson Print CD apparently it saves the images as BMP this is turning out to be a problem THEY ARE HUGE I can save as jpg at 200kb (versus the 2.58mb of the ec3) file and just as easily drop the JPG into Print CD as I can drop the EC3 into Print CD

HOW do I extract the files from the EC3 file without having to resort to rescanning. IE some way of getting the image BACK out of Print CD files so I can edit and save as jpg's I could clear up dozens of gigs of space if I could do this.

irfanview won't touch it neither will photoshop (was hoping it was just a container)

Thanks!

8. Kissmiss

Kissmiss Member

Every version of Epson Print CD I have used saves the scanned files as jpg.

9. JVC

JVC Active member

In your scanner software, you should be able to tell it to save the scanned image as a jpeg.

If you can open the image in Photoshop, you should be able to do a "save as", and save it as a jpeg. If not, something about your Photoshop may be corrupted. I haven't worked with Photoshop for a long time.

10. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

You know I think after I've sent this ( R200 disc content ) to a lot of careless people without their Disc i COULD BE WRONG but it must be able to print to some other app. or make cd labels !!!

11. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Yes there are many good programs out there for direct CD/DVD printing. One of those is Acouscia's CD/DVD Label Maker. I use it with my Epson R680 fairly often.

12. nerys

nerys Member

Ok I screwed up. The CD I made a backp of was apparently the R220 and it will NOT WORK with the R260 (the epson site drivers are less than worthless) I restored a backup image (computer was misbehaving) and it did NOT include R260 drivers but R200 or 220 drivers or something.

Does anyone have a full backup of the R260 disc?

I hard I can get them from the RU site but HOW do I find the 260 page link when none of it is in english :-(

and for the reply on saving as jpg. You misunderstand. When you LOAD the image into Print CD and then SAVE as a print CD file is VERY clearly is no longer using jpg compression for the image but just so happens to be spot on size wize for bmp compression so YES its using bmp no matter what format file you put into it.

My jpg images are 200-250kb and look magnitudes better than the 2.81mb EC3 files (because I can apply filters in PS to them now) and is 100dpi higher resolution.

13. webgyrl

webgyrl Member

I know this thread is quite old, but IHoe if you are still around can you tell me if you are able to print pictures from Photoshop? I have designed a CD face and used one of the images from Epson Print CD's folder as the template. I saved my own image at 300dpi and then when I print it it looks pixilated (fuzzy). Is there any way around this. I have to make it look as professional as possible as the design is for a music CD and the Epson functions look very amateur.

Thanks to anyone who can help with this issue.

14. LaPistola

LaPistola Member

15. flipboy2k

flipboy2k Member

I just found myself in the same situation - needing my Epson R200 installer CD as I have moved to a new Macintosh computer and couldn't find my printer's original installer CD.

As the others here have observed in the past, the Epson Print CD app is not available from Epson's support downloads on the web, and the Russian link no longer works.

Can anyone please help? Thank you in advance.

16. DRGinLBC

DRGinLBC Member

I am looking for the Epson Print CD disk for the R220. Can anyone help me out? I can't find it anywhere.

Thank you!

17. varnull

varnull Guest

The print cd software is the same across all versions of the r2xxx printer.. download available on my profile page in the links.

18. JVC

JVC Active member

The adjustment to the center hole, for my R200, only goes to 20mm. Later versions (R220, R300) goes down to 18mm. Isn't the software the difference?

19. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

I believe your correct JVC, remembering back I bought the 220 because the 200 wouldn't adjust down to 18 for the full hubs and I thought I had got a bum printer. varnull my 220 & 340 software wouldn't work for the 260's but I didn't try using the 260 software for them. I'm gonna have to try that tonight so i can run the 260 & 340 off the same computer.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  20. DRGinLBC

DRGinLBC Member

You rock...HOWEVER...I get an error when trying to run the Print CD software. The error is:

"This application has failed to start because PICSDK.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

BUT...re-installing doesn't fix it. Ideas?