1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EPSON PRINT CD SOFTWARE

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by paulv, May 24, 2005.

1. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

If anyone wants the R200 disc PM me

2. Gadgetz

Gadgetz Member

Can someone upload the entire PrintCD for both MAC and PC, please and then private message me the link. I have the R200,R320 and 960 and can't find any of my Epson Disc's. Guess that's what happens after you move.
    The prior links that were posted were only for the PC version and didn't include the MAC.

Thanks,

Gadgetz

3. boomop

boomop Member

I too need the whole CD (Mac version esp.)

Thanks,
    Rich

4. morrielil

morrielil Member

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  5. JVC

JVC Active member

Your link doesn't take you to a working page............

6. Gadgetz

Gadgetz Member

A. it's not a working link, but all you have to do is take out the: [/quote] in the link and it works, but we are back again to the same thing that the only thing that works is the PC version. Hopefully someone can make an image of the entire disc and upload it completely to one of the file sharing sites and pm the people here that want the link.

So if you just need the PC version here is the proper link that he should have posted: http://www.christuck.karoo.net/printcd.zip

Thanks,

Gadgetz

7. Gadgetz

Gadgetz Member

Okay People.......

Here it is, I managed to get a hold of a Epson Setup Disc for the R800, you can use this to just install the PrintCD software on the MAC or PC. I used nero to make image of disc so that's why it's a .nrg file, but believe you can just change the extension to .iso and burn with anything you want. If you come across problem let me know and I can make the image with different software.

Here's the link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MNVVPC0J

Enjoy, glad I could finally bring it to all you people.

I would still appreciate it if someone could upload the R200 and R320 Discs so I have a backup copy of them.

Gadgetz

8. iM0NFiRE

iM0NFiRE Member

Thanks for the post. I'm on a mac, and was hoping the cd image contained the mac version of Print CD, but it doesn't. IS there a mac user out there that has access to Epson Print CD? PLEASE POST!

9. Gadgetz

Gadgetz Member

Did you try mine, it's an image of the whole CD for the R800, you need to burn the image with Nero to a blank CD and then insert in MAC and should work. If this doesn't work, then I guess I will have to figure out how to make an image of it with the MAC, if anyone knows what software I can use to make an image of the disc on a MAC then tell me and I will upload that one also.

Gadgetz

10. etothem

etothem Member

11. Gadgetz

Gadgetz Member

What bittorrent client for MAC are you guys using?

I tried Transmission and Bittorrent for MAC and neither want to allow d/l.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  12. nerys

nerys Member

Suggestions - I lost the CD but I backed up the copy of Print CD

Downloaded and installed the drivers
    Installed Print CD
    All is good till I click PRINT then print CD says the Epson CD Printing driver portion is not installed like print CD needs both itself the epson drivers AND specific CD printing Drivers ?? what the heck gives ?

Where in the frelling world do I get these SPECIAL drivers ???

13. etothem

etothem Member

I use Transmission, my cousin prefers Tomato Torrent.

14. JVC

JVC Active member

Do you get an error message, when trying to use them?
    You do understand that torrents work a little different from usual p2p sites.........right? :eek:)

15. cyborge

cyborge Member

software has all grarbled icons so dont know wht your are pressing

16. ashlar77

ashlar77 Member

17. nerys

nerys Member

I have now made a dozen copies of my R260 disc. Its impossible to replace without buying a new printer AND the software is more annoying.

Apparently you can NOT install print CD without also installing the driver !! even if you installed the share driver over the network you STILL need to install the driver from the CD.

Apparently they are codependant. print CD on the R260 is DIFFERENT (old version will not work) and if you install JUST print CD it refuses to print complaining about missing print cd specific driver. Downloading the driver from epson DOES NO GOOD !! you MUST install the driver FROM the CD (questions to epson regarding this were utterly ignored) there damned lucky these things are so cheap and work so damned well.

SO make LOTS of backups of those CD's folks. I even made an ISO and keep it on my rescue drive (little 4gig thumb drive)

Again at least with the R260 you MUST install the driver FROM the CD with the version of Print CD FROM the CD to make it work. The downloaded driver is MISSING a critical file that Print CD demands before it will print.

18. JeffMitch

JeffMitch Member

Hello

I just recently had to reload windows because of a crashed hard drive and I can't find my CD for my Epson Stylus Photo RX580. I was needing the Print CD program.

Does anyone know where to download it?

The epson website isn't much help at all.

19. oiHello

oiHello Member

After much trawling around the web...this definitely worked for me:
    To get your EPSON Print CD software working for Mac OSX Intel...I suggest:

Do a complete removal and re-installation of the Epson printer software and drivers.

In the Mac Hard Drive/Applications/Utilities open the Printer Set-up Utility and remove all the references to the printer model.

Trash all Epson printer drivers...to do this go to the Mac Hard Drive/Library/Printer and move the entire Epson folder to the trash, then shutdown/restart & empty trash.

Run the repair utility (may take up to 30 mins) ... Mac Hard Drive/Applications/Utilities and open the Disk Utility. Select Disk First Aid at the top of the dialog box.Select the Mac Hard Drive Icon in the left hand pane. & select 'Repair Permissions' at the bottom of the dialog box.Restart your Mac.

Now download the relevant driver/s from the support pages on the Epson website.
    After installing - the driver needs adding to the printer list. To do this go into the hard disk, go into the folder called Applications, double click on the folder called ‘Utilities’. You should see in this window the ‘Printer Setup Utility', double click on this icon. This will present the Printer List. Delete any reference to the printer that may be on this list already as these may not be a genuine EPSON driver. Click the add icon at the top and a dialogue box will appear, this will be the Printer Browser.
    Highlight the printer and then select add printer. Note: Do not choose a printer from the list of Epson printers. Your printer will not appear here, nor will the genuine Epson driver. You should be able to highlight the printer and choose 'Add'. If 'Add' is not available, leave the Printer Browser open and do not do anything else on the Mac, leave it open for about 10 minutes. When you come back to it, you should now find 'Add' available.

The printer should now be added to the printer list. Test the printer by highlighting it on the Printer List and selecting 'Utility'.

To get 'EPSON print CD' working make sure you install the 'Epson Print Module' first (on the Epson support pages)...
    Then download Epson print CD version 1.6aE from here (it's a Russian website, don't worry - the software is in English!):

http://support.epson.ru/driver_list.asp?product=442&uos=34

Check out your printer working at last!.....Enjoy ; )

check out this bands new album 'wired for dreaming'
    http://www.electrasy.com

20. abcdvd123

abcdvd123 Member

I have an Epson Stylus RX580 and I've had it for 1-2 years. I use the PrintCD software all the time, and yesterday, for some strange reason, it freezes every time I go to print. I can edit, type, and play around with the program, but I cannot print. The USB is working because I tested it with the printer and the Epson Scan program and everything works great except the printing.

The software is v1.50A. I've never had this problem before. I defragged my PC, reinstalled the Epson software, drivers, and I even tried the System Restore to an earlier time and nothing I do has worked. I did a full virus scan and nothing showed up.

So, can anyone help me thaw out this program so it will work again?