1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson r200/300 quality ?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by jrochet, Oct 15, 2004.

1. Hookani

Hookani Member

Hi everyone,

New to the forum here. Can you tell me how to get the r200 to print all the way to the inside if using printable media without the stacking ring similar to how gregcab's photos show?

Thanks,
    Hookani

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

hookani load up the print software and down the lefthand side there a an image of a disc it's yellow in colour with arrows on it click it form there a new window opens on that select options then you can adjust the internal and external print diameters to what size you want

3. GregCab

GregCab Guest

Yep, notice my sample above are print-to-the-hole samples. The software that comes with the printer is very well designed.

4. Hookani

Hookani Member

Thanks guys,

From what I can gather, the inside diameter is around 23mm. Is that close to what you use. I am using Prodisk media.

Also, I've heard you can use a spray laquer or something to keep the disk from smearing. Anybody tried that?

Hookani

5. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

Here what I set on R-200 printer.
    Inside to the hub: set to 23 mmm
    Inside to the stack ring: set to 33/41/44 mm depend on the type of media of used
    Outside set to 118 mmmm (all media)

> spray laquer or something to keep the disk from smearing

even some post said is good, but I never try and I never will. The quality of Epson R-200 is good enough for me.

6. bravo6

bravo6 Member

hey I'm planning on picking up the R200 soon, I recently bought a hundred pack of glossy labels though. Would I be able to put those on a disc, and then print to it? Just didn't know if the disc printing feature was only setup specifically for the printable discs, can you choose any options (ie glossy, high quality, etc)

Thanks!

7. RicTheRed

RicTheRed Guest

I do not know if you need the R200 to print on labels.

I only recommend to buy inkject printable media.

I do not understand after all these posts of users reporting playback problems, that some people are still willing to try with labels.
    BUY ijp media. It's easier, faster, and you will not have potential playback problem.

8. bravo6

bravo6 Member

Uhm, ok, thanks, but my question was -

hey I'm planning on picking up the R200 soon, I recently bought a hundred pack of glossy labels though. Would I be able to put those on a disc, and then print to it? Just didn't know if the disc printing feature was only setup specifically for the printable discs, can you choose any options (ie glossy, high quality, etc)

As for playback problems, I don't know anything about that. I've backed up nearly all of my movies (around 160 discs) and have never encountered a playback problem with a disc that has a label. Thanks anyway.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2004
  9. Hookani

Hookani Member

It would probably be easier to just print the labels first and then stick them on. In addition to printing on cd/dvds, the r200 is just a regular old inkjet printer. To answer your question though, you could stick the blank labels on and then print as if you were printing on a printable media but like I said, it would be so much easier to print the labels first and then stick them on.

Hookani

10. bravo6

bravo6 Member

ok, that's cool. Just a pain sometimes lining them up right and all that, but I've got a good template set up. Soon as I get through these I'll go printable, thanks

11. Silkysoul

Silkysoul Guest

I you need compatible cartridges for that Epson 200/300 printer below is a link to a ink store that I have used for my Canon compatible compatible cartridges for the past year. Fast delivery and I really cannot tell the difference in the finished product as far as ink quality is concerned. The prices are hard to beat! Just look for yourself!

http://private.abacus24-7.com/(her1.../driver.aspx?topic=compatibility&compat=12667

Just copy and past the link above to your browser window.

SS

12. Silkysoul

Silkysoul Guest

Think I may have goofed up that link!

Try this instead:

http://private.abacus24-7.com

I get nothing from the just wanted to pass on a good deal.

SS

13. Kissmiss

Kissmiss Member

Where do you get all the images to scan for the DVD's? I have found a few at various sites for Music CD's but I'm cluefree as regards Movie titles.

14. aut0psy

aut0psy Regular member

15. cjk1975

cjk1975 Member

16. bravo6

bravo6 Member

Awesome site, thanks!!

17. RicTheRed

RicTheRed Guest

This site is pretty good as well.
    http://covers.to/
    High quality covers, compared to cdcover.cc but there is not alot of disk image.

18. Mariarat

Mariarat Member

Has anyone found/made templates for the Epson R200/300 so we can print from photoshop or publisher, etc, instead of using the epson print cd software that came with?

19. dcervenka

dcervenka Member

I would be interested in a photoshop template as well! There must be one out there?

20. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

===================================================
    Has anyone found/made templates for the Epson R200/300 so we can print from photoshop or publisher, etc, instead of using the epson print cd software that came with?
    ===================================================

I'm just curious.
    Assume that you have template, then how does photoshop/publisher control the cd/dvd tray ????