1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson r200/300 quality ?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by jrochet, Oct 15, 2004.

1. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

I use a lot of ink.I buy mine at www.inkquik.com
    I buy in lots of 5 at $4.95 each,plus their flat rate shipping is only $3.95 for any Quantity.
    If u buy in lots of 1's it's $6.95 ea.
    2 thru 4 is $5.95 ea
    Ink Quality is great,shipping is always Priority so I get it in 3 days (SUPER FAST)No Problems

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

[bold]Update[bold]

I bought that ink from Abacus.com and I am glad I took the chance :) Very good ink quality and you can't beat the price the whole set of six for 25$ (just under $4ea with shipping) if you get 2 sets they come to just over $4ea and if you go for 4 sets they are under $4ea. They print and work flawless. Here is the link to there site http://private.abacus24-7.com

Good luck all!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  3. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

i just ordered from abcink.com was $27 with their online coupon, no shipping, no tax the whole set with 2 blacks

4. tmai

tmai Guest

Hi,
    I've got my ink from abcink.com and not sure how their ink would work on the R300? Any one know?
    Also, i'm not very happy with the print quality...You guy know the trick???
    What are the setting?

Thanks

5. jamoroso

jamoroso Member

Just got an R200.... LOVE it...

Wondering who's buying what media, where and why. Costs, etc. Also refill ink? I know its gotta be cheaper than at the stores somewhere...

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

7. Kissmiss

Kissmiss Member

My R200 stopped taking the DVD's in correctly and it just went in for warranty servicing.

I made about 300 DVD's on one set of cartridges and it worked flawlessly through it all. Well worth the money if only for DVD printing.

I agree with abacus and supermedia store but I don't see any need to pay the premium price for TY. Ridata or Prodisk are equally good and much cheaper. Make sure you get the hub printables so you don't have a big unprinted hole in the middle of your disks.

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What planet are you on?

9. Kissmiss

Kissmiss Member

The one that says after 300 "on-the-fly" copies, at 8X speed, I never had a single disk fail with Ridata or Prodisk. Please explain to me how it gets better than that? If, in fact, there is a difference, it's a difference that's unimportant to me and almost any user.

If you think yout TY disks are better why don't you offer some empirical evidence to substantiate your position? I'm always willing to learn.

People often think that if they pay more for something that it MUST be better. That's pure bullshit.

Are you aware that there is NO independent tests which suggest that there is ANY advantage in using ethyl gasoline as opposed to regular? Probably not.

10. TMcCallie

TMcCallie Regular member

You are absolutely correct. Prodisc and Ridata (which ever ones you can get the better bargain on at the time)is what I use and have not had any problems.
    I have used the ink that they suggested and it is very good.
    Also check meritline.com for ink. I get it when they offer a Epson combo special where you get 1 of each color and 2 blacks. I have paid 27.50 and 32.50 for the combo. When they have a deal order 2 or 3 sets and then you can wait until they offer the special again.

My R200 got so it would not pull the disc tray in correctly. I cleaned the rollers that pulls it in and it works fine.

I love my R200 from Epson.

Tom

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@Kissmiss,
    My GOD have you even been reading in the forums at all? evidently not! Ritek has continually caused problems for people, and Prodisc's are rated second class media on any site you visit, and if you buy your media at Supermediastore.com as you say they even rate the Prodisc behind the Taiyo Yudens. What else do you need? To say they are equal in quality is a very big misconception on your part!
    Now that being said I also use the Prodisc x8 white inkjet printable to the hub with very great success rate, and have stated this on a number of occasion's on AD, but I would never say it is equal to TY's because the facts are all over the place that they are not. Try looking around a little you will see for your self.

Whats up with that smart arse remark? I am not sure what your trying to do here? Start an argument over nothing really? Whey don't you start another thread that is already all over in here and ask which media is the best and see which media comes out on top? If you used the search function in here you would see it has already been done and TaiyoYuden always come out on top.
    You see yourself and I may have very good results with Prodisc, but not everyone will. Almost everyone will have no problems with TY's. Your comparing a Hyundai to a Mercedes. The Hyundai may be a perfectly good car that has never broke down and runs perfect, but is it equal to the Mercedes?

12. TMcCallie

TMcCallie Regular member

My experience with Ritek and Prodisc (I use printables) is very good. I have not had any problems with either.

I just can't justify the difference in the price of Ty vs Ritek and Prodisc.

Your deal about a Hyundi not being a Mercedes is cute but if you can get something that does a perfect job then I can't justify going out and buying a more expensive disc.

13. Kissmiss

Kissmiss Member

What HAS come up for me recently is that copies I used to flawlessly create on Ridata DVD's and have recently created on ProDisk media WILL NOT PLAY on the same GoVideo player. ProDisk bad, Ridata good.

IOW, Prodisk media fails where Ridata never has, at least for me in my narrow window of specificity.

I will always order Ridata in future. Bulletproof.

I don't care if I'm right. I only want no more problems.

14. Kissmiss

Kissmiss Member

bbmayo, I have no desire to supplant you as king of this hill. Your are the God here.

But the idea that ANYTHIMG is superior to ANYTHING else needs to be supported by more than people who say it is so with NO empirical evidence. I can always learn from the experience of others. I listen with increasingly less frequency to anything less.

15. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@Kissmiss,
    LOL I am no God.. Far from it, and everyone is intitled to there opinion, and yours is a good one for you. I am just saying those disks are not equall to TY's. I am at work right now, but when I get home I will run some test's on my Ritek and TY disk's. Then I will post the results here for you to see with your own eyes the difference in quality. Believe me I have done a lot of research and testing on all sorts of media. I have got into a few arguments in here about this same exact issue. I was the one saying the Prodisc were just as good or the Ritek. Well after a whole lot of research and testing I had found out I was wrong :-( I know that don't happen much LOL, but hey when I'm wrong I will admit it. It all really comes down to what you like and what works best for you though. If you have great success with Memorex then by all means stick with them. All disk however are not created equal and in my opinion Taiyo Yudens are superior. I have had just as good test on some media that I might say is equall to TY's, but neither Ritek or Prodisc can be classified as equal in my opinion. Heres is a link http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia.p...rder=Name&hits=25&search=Search+or+List+Media just do a search for Ritek and read the reviews then do the same for Taiyo Yudens just some more evidence.

Why do people get so personal on here? I am merly stating my opinion, and it just happens that mine is not the same as yours :) So what who cares? It is nothing personal I can assure you.. Any time I see anyone say that Ritek and Prodisc are equal to TY's I'm going to voice my opinion. Thats just me :)

Peace :)

16. Hookani

Hookani Member

Anyone print borderless 4x6 prints with this printer? I'm trying to find out if epson has printing software like Canon where it will autocrop your picture to fit the 4x6 paper. With the Epson, it seems that you have to crop your pic manually if the picture isn't the correct ratio. You can't just resize it since the aspect ratio would be off if it's not the 4x6 ratio to begin with. If anyone has suggestions let me know.

By the way, I use the Prodisk printables and have had no problems and just picked up some ink from Abacus and seems to be good.

Thanks,
    Ho'okani

17. Kissmiss

Kissmiss Member

Qimage is the best layout program I've found. It goes WAY beyond just accomodating 4X6 prints.

18. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

I have the Epson R320 and have printed borderless pictures with it - no problems with alignment. If you are using the software that came with the computer (Film Factory) when you get to the 3rd step for standard photo click on properties then click borderless - you receive a message/warning click okay than print. No problems so far. If you print with Windows XP go to the folder where you store your photos - double click the photo - click print - The windows printing wizard appears - in printing options click on printing preferences than borderless -again you'll receive a message/warning click okay and print.

19. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Hello their Kissmiss!Can u print DVD labels w/Qimage

20. Kissmiss

Kissmiss Member

I suppose you could but why bother? Epson already has a dogshit simple software all set up. Configuring Qimage would take a lot of work.