Eurovox TX EPG

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by nelly17, Jan 2, 2008.

1. nelly17

nelly17 Guest

Has anyone noticed that the EPG on the Eurovox TX does not pick up on the new listings as time goes on, by that I mean I would go to bed one night at say 11pm when I last change the channel, then the following day when I check the EPG it still shows the 11pm lisstings and I have to poewr the box off and on. I've noticed it does'nt seem to reaad the eventis information very well in that it has loads of blanks in the table where as if I use the old set top box it picks everything up ok.

I'd say a software update is probably in order.

2. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

Cheers for the comments on the TX.How is it going for you otherwise?

3. darst

darst Regular member

have to be honest the epg on c****s box was fairly bad as well i thought. i find going in to the menu and user set up and back out again fixes the time issue. minor issues which hopefully can be sorted in time.myself i've done 12 of these boxes and overall all is fine with them so far

4. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

just curious what area do you do them in?

5. nelly17

nelly17 Guest

Sorry for not getting back to this, otherwise the TX is great no complaints I had to do a bit of digging (here! cheers lads ;)) to get the code to access the EMU menu but once I got it its been fine.

BTW I'm in Kildare if that info is of any use to anyone trying to set one up.

6. darst

darst Regular member

westmeath kildare and offaly mostly all seems to be well with them so far... whats this about code for hidden menu, i have been under the impression that there is no hidden menu on the TX and the EMU is on by default with the right firmware

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You can use 1969 to access EMU but as you said it is set to on by default.

8. darst

darst Regular member

thanks scouser just tried that...its a bit different than other boxes though as in the provider id and codes are there but nothing to manually turn emu on or off...do you know anything about this epg problem. as i said in earlier post c****S epg is crap anyway but the tx is worse, do you know of any new firware on the horizon for this box. don't get me wrong i'm happy with the tx (who wouldn't be) but it would be nice to see whats on that little bit later.one more thing, I have c****s multi room, would i be right in saying that if i cancelled that part of my subscription i could use a tx in its place without having to pay the extra few bob.

9. darst

darst Regular member

o

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  10. ReplayL

ReplayL Guest

Anyone in Ireland interested in a batch of 9 x Eurovox TX boxes ready to go on Chorus MMDS for €1,500 for the lot.

Will deliver personally, living in Dublin.

11. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Not here

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member