Evolution-X files

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Tuck99, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Tuck99

Tuck99 Member

hey there,

I spent three days trying to figure out how to network my xbox. It does have a modchip and when I boot it up it shows that it has an ip address and i tried to to use my ftp, but timed out. It wasn't until the last 24 hrs I learned that I needed to create a dashboard on my xbox. So I have been looking for the files for Evolution-X to burn onto a dvd+rw to make a bootup disk for my xbox to achieve getting the dashboard, but can't find them anywhere. Does one have them and can help me out? I really need this,
    Thank you,

Christine
    (Tuck 99)

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

#xbins, the one stop place for everything you need...there is a thread in the software discussion forum that tells you where you can find everything you could possibly want.

3. tmaxx23

tmaxx23 Member

Do a search on xbox-scene for crazy C's auto installer. Youll need the original splinter cell not the grey covered one for it to work but its the easiest most painless way and comes with media center dvd to xbox etc etc. Good luck!

4. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Regular member

r you useing the ms dashboard (the one that waz on the xbox when ya got it)or another one like avalunch or somthin like that??

Last edited: Jun 4, 2005
  5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

emails in the main forum are bad and against the rules.

6. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Regular member

oh sorry i didn't kno i wont do it agin

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Yup. Let's have a peek at the forum rules ;)

8. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Regular member

oh ok i c y thankz and i wont do it agin

9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

No worries champ. I wasn't trying to rag on you, just fulfilling the Moderating duties. Have fun :)

10. Tuck99

Tuck99 Member

boy this is a long process. Well for me it is. Anyway I found it and I did burn it onto a cd-rw and tried it in my xbox and it worked. However, I'm not sure how to use it. I went to systems settings and I saw my ip address then I used flash fxp to try to connect and I did. I own a xbox game that is pretty scatched up, so I wanted to back this up and to see if I was doing it right? I know this disk read close to 13gb. When I was transfer files to my pc hard drive it would now and again loose connection. Then when it said it was finally done and was only reading around 3 gb. Is that right? I used extract-xiso 2.21 v to create an xiso image. Then I extracted it and used nero to burn it onto a dvd+rw. This is not working. What I'm I doing wrong?

11. punqewe

punqewe Active member

if you have all the files on your pc uae either craxtion or quix to make the xiso. To burn I would recomend either dvd decrypter or alcohol 120%.

If you have the room on your hard drive you can just copy it to your 'games' folder if you have something like dvd2xbox on your xbox.

12. Tuck99

Tuck99 Member

Thank you very much. It worked. You rock!!!!!!!!