1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experiences with Team Modders

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by ecko04, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PS2Loader

PS2Loader Member

I just send my PS2 to Dave and still waiting for it to be MOD. Hopefully I can get it back next week so I can play some import games. At this point in time all I can say about Dave is that he gave the best service. I would highly recommand him to all my friends. More PS2's on the way Dave.

Thank you for the excellent service!

Derick

2. steimy

steimy Active member

ok, to end the bashing since no one obviously read my last post.
    1. I do not care that there is more than one modding site, and if i knew more about your site and how good your service was at Norcalmods i would be able to reccomend it to other. I do not make one cent off of TM and their modding service, i only reccomend it because they are people who have done 2 systems for me and done a great job. It is not like there is anything in it for me.

2. my sig is the way it is because of 2 things. I have permission to have it there. and secondly i am not advertising a modding service which is against the rules here. I am directing people to a forum site which contains a lot of helpful tutorials, posts, and online live chat to help solve their problems. Yes if someone asks where they can get a modded system i will direct them to a site i know and trust, as would anyone else.

The Xmodd comments i wrote are 100% fact, i paid them and did not get my modded system for 3 weeks as they continued to tell me that they were out of the chip that i ordered. I also think i mentioned that they did a great job and that i had no problmes with the system.

I am here to help people and nothing more. I am sorry if you take offense to any of my comments. This all started because someone asked a simple question, to which i gave them a simple reply. Once again trying to help someone. I am still unsure as to why this started a war of words. I meant no disrespect to anyone, and did not say anything offensive in the post that started this.
    I just provided information to a person who asked a question.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  3. ecko04

ecko04 Member

Just to clarify the statement prior to mine:

XMODD is http://www.xmodd.com

and

XMODDS is http://www.xmodds.com

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME COMPANY! THEY ARE RAN BY DIFFERENT PEOPLE!

steimy ordered his system from XMODD, http://www.xmodd.com , and it took him 3 weeks to receive it, while he did receive it they just took longer than he had expected that it would take.

I ordered my system from XMODDS, http://www.xmodds.com , I ordered my system on Tuesday night, they kept in constant conact with me. They finished modding it on Wednesday, they shipped it out Thursday morning and I receive it on Friday morning, overnight shipping. XMODDS did my system for $260 flat w/ DMS 4 Pro SE.

@Tean Modders/ David Berens

There was some miscommunication between us, don't get me wrong, i'm sure they do great work just as xmodds but I didn't get my system done by them. Although they were my 1st choice when I was looking there were some minor communication errors and I went with xmodds since he was replying and responding on IM very quickly and constantly keeping me up to date. I don't take any credit from Team Modders, they do a great job from what i've seen and lets be clear that as long as the chip works....we probably won't see the solder work. You can't go wrong with going with them, just because I didn't or had some problems shouldn't hinder anyone else from going with them.

XMODDS http://www.xmodds.com - KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT WORK!

Team Modders, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

That extends to the other reputable mod sites as well, norcalmods and everyone else!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  4. steimy

steimy Active member

100% correct ecko04
    I was talking about Xmodd and not Xmodds, i didn't even know there was an Xmodds until this post.
    Your post is right on point and i could not agree with you more.
    I was just unsure as to how i started such a big debate with such a simple answer. I answer tons of posts and PM's every day, and i can never remember a time when i started such a heated debate over something so simple.

I will have to look back but if by some some error i posted that i had i problem with Xmodds, instead of Xmodd then i retract my statement.

5. BaconX

BaconX Guest

260$ w/ DMS4 Pro? wow thats expensive, I got my v7 w/ DMS4 Pro, 80 GB HD, network adapter, memory card, and a controller for 175$ and I got 2 offers for that same deal!

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Yeah, I agree. Team Modders is great. You can find everything there.

7. ecko04

ecko04 Member

@BaconX

Good for you!

I wanted a NIB PS2 slimline v14 so that's $149.99 plus I wanted the DMS 4 Pro SE which runs roughly $50 to $70, which takes the price up to $199 to $229.99 plus professional installation and shipping. So $260 worked out in my favor as I didn't want to buy anything used. The price was very competitive and lower than others including a new system from Team Modders that would've ran $10 more.

I'm happy with the price I paid because a lot of other sites wanted $300+ for the same console and they're still selling older v12 w/ laser fixes, so that's not what I wanted. I believe that the price I paid was still lower than I anticipated paying and for overnight shipping it couldn't be beat.

I'm sure you're happy you found your v7 or whatever, but that's not what I wanted.

8. BaconX

BaconX Guest

Fatties can use HDDs with no addons and slims have BIG heat problems.

9. BaconX

BaconX Guest

And you can still get a NIB v7 from those online bundles

10. ecko04

ecko04 Member

Maybe you're still not understanding...I didn't want a v7. I got what i wanted. I don't need HDD expansion, I don't need a network adapter...I got what I wanted.

11. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

This is just getting out of control, it's actually quite funny. TM has more to it than just installs if you guys didn't notice.

The mindset behind TM when they first started was to help noobs learn how to mod. There is one guy that runs the ps2 installs and one guy that runs the xbox, game cube and ps1 installs. By no means is it a huge business, and I gaurantee it will not be for a long time if ever.

At any rate, if you like TM, great, if not, then that's great to. Not one company/business can satisfy all of it's customers, your always going to have complaints, anybody and everybody should know that.

Well that's it for me, later guys...

12. BaconX

BaconX Guest

Ok fine.

13. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

i see no real point in keeping this thread open any loonger, as most valid points have been discussed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.