1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Export IML File Problem

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by GeeSlimmy, Jun 11, 2006.

1. GeeSlimmy

GeeSlimmy Member

The message " Too Short location length. (less then 600000 sector) appears when I click file / export iml file. I'm using CD/DVD-Rom Generator version 1.50.

The game I'm trying to export iml is "Namco Museum 50 Anniversary" for ps2.
    Size = 1.68GB
    When I Extract objects to a folder on my desktop the files become 496MB.

steps:

I open CD/DVD Rom Generator version 1.50
    I drag files from the folder on my desktop in the same order as ISO Buster to CD/DVD Rom Gen.
    I click on Volume.
    I type in the SLUS20273 and PLAYSTATION / America.
    I click on File / Export IML File.
    The message " Too Short location length. (less then 600000 sector) appears in a small window.

2. FranG1214

FranG1214 Member

I'm having the same problem while trying to back-up Super DragonballZ. My files are 844 MB. Experts please help.

3. Jamaal10

Jamaal10 Regular member

However, why are you trying to rebuild a game that small? Only thing rebuilding will accomplish is to cause a little more strain on your laser.

4. FranG1214

FranG1214 Member

Thanks for responding.

Well I was trying to rebuild because a straight burn didn't work. I mean the game played but with the scramble lines so the screen keeps jumping. I tried burning it 3 times on Sony DVDs to no avail. I usually have no problems but Super Dragonball Z isn't working. Anyway, I figured what the hell I would try to rebuild just to see what happens and I received the CD/DVD Gen error message.

5. Jamaal10

Jamaal10 Regular member

What speed of discs were you using and what speed did you burn them at?

That could be part of the problem; otherwise, you are correct in trying a rebuild.

6. FranG1214

FranG1214 Member

^^^^^^^
    Used 8x Sony DVD-Rs and burned at 4x speed. Like I said, I usually have no problems; it's just something about this game. I tried 1) straight burning in Nero and DVD Decryptor, 2) Disembling the Iso with IsoBuster and 3) using Nero to reesemble and burn, and reesembling with CD/DVD Rom Generator but got an error message.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2006
  7. Mhart88

Mhart88 Newbie

I know I am posting this over 10 years later from the original post but this is part of a method required in order to use codebreaker PS2 cheat system with PS2 ISOs on a jailbroken PS3 with custom firmware. Basically you use a program called ISO buster then you add codebreaker.elf, boot.elf and the system.cnf file to it as well as rename the SLUS-xxxx file to .elf and you use cd/dvd gen to get the IML file needed to repatch this newly edited ISO back into its ISO state. Then you can put the game back onto the PS3 hard drive and use the elf laucher that boots up in place of the game, open up codebreaker. elf, apply your cheats, then open up the SLUS/SLES-xxxx.elf (whatever the game is) and your good to go. However I'm finding a few games that I cannot export the IML file because it's giving me the exact same error he's getting. And idk if increase the value means type in a number higher than the number given or if I'm supposed to move it up higher in the list idk