External 105 burner and laptop issues

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by marvin378, Apr 27, 2003.

1. marvin378

marvin378 Member

I have an HP ZT1130 laptop with a 1.13 Celeron processor and 256 MB of RAM, a Cendyne 4X DVD-R burner in a Speedzter 5 USB 2.0 external enclosure, and an Adesso USB 2.0 hi-speed pcmcia cardbus adapter attaching it all. As far as I know I have all of the necessary drivers installed, including the Adaptec ASPI stuff. I can't get anything to burn; not even a a cd at 1X. Naturally, I'm rather upsest that I have this great burner and it won't do anything. I have used most every program out there; Nero, cdrwin, CloneCD, FireBurner, Record Now Max, etc. I tried different media as well. The computer recognizes it as well as do the programs. There is nothing wrong with the burner as my brother-in-law put it internall into his computer and it worked fine. If anyone could give me any insight as to what the problem could be, I would be ever so thankful.

2. marvin378

marvin378 Member

I contacted HP and they helped me to resolve my problem.

3. karatone

karatone Regular member

I'm having a simular problem with my A05,it's in an external 2.0 usb case,and I haven't even been able to get it to play a movie or anything,XP Pro ID's the drive ,but when I click on it with a DVD loaded it only tells me that the device isn't ready, where is your jumper setting at ? master or slave? mines at master,but I'm thinking about trying it at the slave position,any advice would be great

4. marvin378

marvin378 Member

I have it set as the master. What HP had me do in the end was to download and install some new bios. I wouldn't know where to begin to tell you to get these as I had a direct link. Try to email your computer's manufacturer and tell them of the problem. It would probably help your system as well.