F.E.A.R probs

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by deebom, Nov 3, 2008.

1. deebom

deebom Member

Hi, am wondering if anyone can help. this is the most helpfull forum around so here goes. I downloaded a game called F.E.A.R and the instructions say it has to be mounted in a prog called deamon. i can get it mounted and it installs fine, but when i try to play it i get a message saying "emulator detected, turn off virtual drives." iv'e also run it through alcahole 126% and burnt it to a dvd, the dvd installs but when i try to start the game it says it cant use the dvd and to insert the proper disc? multiplayer works and so does the rest of the disc, just sigle player doesnt work??? i downloaded it from the pirate bay and all the comments on there say it works fine, please help.

2. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

I can't say this to you normally, as I think it would be against the rules, but once you installed the game, did you replace the original file in the install directory with a special **ahem ahem modified one found on the actual ISO/DVD in the carck folder ahem ahem**

Hope this helps.

3. deebom

deebom Member

Hi there, thanks for the advice, yeah I found the (special folder) it wasnt labled how they said it was,. now the game is workin perfectly. once again, cheers.

4. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

No worries, glad I could help.

Enjoy the game :)