failed to load unreal championship 2/doom 3

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by ger08, Jun 21, 2005.

1. ger08

ger08 Member

alright well i backed up unreal championship 2 today following the guide (except using craxtion to rip and make iso) but when i play it it freezes while loading the story mode ascension rites. Everything else works excepts that and when i put the original game in it works fine. This also happens on doom 3 (although it was downloaded) it either says dirty disk or freezes soon after. Ive read some of the old threads about maybe my bios is not updated, though i just got it softmodded last year around august. The only other backed up game i have is the original buffy the vampire slayer which works fine thought it was an older game. Should i try burning unreal/doom to my xbox (i have a larger hdd) and see if it still freezes or do i have to patch xbe with craxtion or is there some guide to updating my bios i should use? thanks for any help

2. ger08

ger08 Member

alright well i did try burning the burnt version on and it froze at the same point for unreal and i tried patching xbe and using dvd decrypter to burn instead and it still froze at the same spot so does this mean i need to update my bios or should i try burning the original game and see if it freezes?

3. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Those 2 games work fine and do not need patching. I think you downloaded bad rips if the originals work fine.

4. ger08

ger08 Member

well i didnt download unreal champ 2 i rented the game..used craxtion to rip it from the d drive and make iso didnt patch and burned using nero and it freezes in those places...i was thinking maybe burn it to box then use flash and rip it from my box then make iso and burn because that worked with fatal frame 2 but that games older...

and with doom 3 i did download it so it might be a bad rip cause i tried burning it on my box and it doesnt say dirty disk but at the main screen its all green yet i can still hear the main music somewhat but it is all green.

5. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

I guess you can try and clear the cache out, delete everything in the X, Y, and Z folders and see if it will work.

6. ger08

ger08 Member

hmm well i dont know if i really wanna do that cause i dont wanna screw anything up but heres what i tried now: i burned unreal to xbox, then i used flashfxp and took game to computer, created iso with craxtion and burned it and now instead of just freezing it says dirty disk so if i use craxtion and patch xbe could that make it work because i really dont wanna waster any more dvd-r's....thansk for any help

7. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

You're not gonna screw anything up, the cache are there so the games will load faster.

8. ger08

ger08 Member

alright ill try that but could patching xbe be the problem since now i get dirty disk instead of failing to load?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2005
  9. ger08

ger08 Member

well i tried clearin out the folders and that did not work but i did try patching xbe and it worked fine so i guess that was my problem