FFS: Looking for DVD player that will play MP3's CORRECTLY - Please Read

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by DJBat, Feb 14, 2009.

1. DJBat

DJBat Member

I've burned through enough Best Buy DVD players to make me wanna return this one with a molotov cocktail. They are so clueless there as to help and I can't get straight answers from manuals online so if there are any guru DVD player owners out there that can answer this, it would be greatly appreciated.

ALL I want.. it's really not a big request... is a DVD player that will play DVD-Data discs burned with MP3's at at least 224KBPS but will do so by playing ALL CONTENTS ON THE DISC RANDOMLY REGARDLESS OF WHERE THEY ARE!

First it was SONY with No, can't play shuffle. At all. And I suck as playing anything over 128KBps. Go away. BZZZT.

Then it was Panasonic who was No, I need you to create a playlist first of all 400 mp3's on the disc, then we'll talk. BZZZT.

Now I just brought home a Toshiba XDE-E500 which will shuffle tracks but only in their own directory. When I copied all 400+ mp3's just to the root directory, IT ONLY READ THE FIRST 140!!!!! DUDE! WTF?! BZZZT.

This ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE! STOP RELEASING OXYMORON DVD PLAYERS!

So, is there a DVD player out there that can read a DVD Data CD. NOT CARE ABOUT DIRECTORY STRUCTURE (I'll take one that needs them in one root DIR if necessary to make this work), and will allow you to play 224KBPS MP3's RANDOMLY, ON REPEAT, FOREVER.

Sheesh - this is the FIRST FORMAT THAT SHOULD OF BEEN SUPPORTED and for it not to be is blowing me away.

Thanks for listening to the Rant of the Day and any insight or direction towards a proper DVD player that can do this is greatly appreciated.

Peter

2. DJBat

DJBat Member

ok - found one - mostly - Toshiba XDE-500 was working after all. I spazzed and thought when it said 140/140 mp3's found, that 140 was the max allowed and now what it read overall - duh... my programmers mind figured it would of had that 2nd number as the Max the system would be able to handle overall... like 140/999 or whatever -

It won't do a hierarchal read but that's fine - all mp3's plopped on the main dir will work.

woot

3. ashiq0033

ashiq0033 Guest

iTunes currently will not play back HE-AAC/aacPlus audio streams correctly. ...
    For MP3 files, iTunes writes tags in ID3v2.2 using UCS-2 encoding by default,
    .... Apple's iTunes player is considered the dominant podcatching client, ....
    Music files from iTunes can be embedded directly into Pages documents and can