FILES ON DESKTOP CANNOT BE DELETED

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by skidme, Jun 24, 2005.

1. skidme

skidme Guest

Hey guys,
    as you can prolly tell from the subject line, 2 files on my desktop have recently appeared for no reason. When I click on a file and hit delete a message tells me that the file cannot be deleted b/c it cannot be read from the source file or disk. One is named CA6NKH67. and the other is named CASX27QN. Please help me out, any help would be appreciated

2. Ustop

Ustop Regular member

Money says there some type of adware, spyware etc. You need to find source file that probably is running in background and u don't know it. If u have had any experience with task manager open it up and end any process that doesn't look familiar and then try to delete. If not, best bet is to start up in safe mode and then try to delete.

3. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

As Ustop said.

I would personally go through safe mode and log in as the administrator and delete it that way.

if u log in as admin and its not there go to

my computer

then

documents and Settings

and then

your profile

and then Desktop

and then the 2 files should b there.

try delete them from there...

keep me posted.

4. skidme

skidme Guest

Ah well I'm already running as the admin. Right now I will try to go into safe mode and try to delete the files that way. Thanks for the tip guys (or girls)

5. skidme

skidme Guest

Well its a no-go. I booted up in safe mode, but the access to the files was still denied... Really doubt that its Spyware thats causing thsi, as I scanned my comp wuth Norton Antivirus, Webroot Spysweeper, Spybot S&D. and Ad-Aware...Any more ideas? Your help's appreciated.