firmware problems

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by leo8013, Jun 4, 2003.

1. leo8013

leo8013 Guest

I keep having problems updating my firmware. Everytime I try to upgrade it says (kernal name not matching error). how do i fix this. also I cant find a direct firmware to version 1.31 on my pioneer ao4. I can only find a 1.40 then a downgrade to 1.31 but not a direct 1.31. but it doesnt matter cause it wont let me do any upgrade so I am with factory settings.

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

3. leo8013

leo8013 Guest

I didnt even know there was a firmware page. thanks. I guess i didnt search enough or just didnt look in the right spot. is that firmware page linked to afterdawn

4. leo8013

leo8013 Guest

I found what i need. (thanks btw) I still have the same problem. Everytime i try to upgrade it. it runs the program. then errors and says "model name of kernel part is not matched" then just stop. What is the kernel and how do i fix this problem

5. leo8013

leo8013 Guest

I apparently found my problem. There was a bug in my dvd-r model and pioneer sent me the right firmware. Thanks for the new pages for my knowledge

6. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

No problem , if doing a DVD back up [ie: DVD Video and not Data] I'd still suggest burning at X1 btw.
    I have Ritek G03 blanks which in our Pioneer 104 (has to be f/w 1.31 tho) is a X2 recordable , but as I say this is asking to have freezing/pixelation in the last chapters.

7. Discmania

Discmania Active member

I have used Ritek 03 at 2x and have no problems with the 1.31 firmware with Nero. However I downloaded the 1.31 from your second address above some time ago and have been told it is the hacked version? Anyway it is stable and works OK.