Flashing Red Line

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by ecarlson, Jan 22, 2006.

1. ecarlson

ecarlson Member

Hello...I've been noticing a very random issue upon playback of burned DVDs. From time to time I will see a red line flash across the screen very briefly. I rewind back to see if it happens again and it won't. I also try to re-create with the original at the same point and it never happens. I have had the occaisional issue with backups pausing but have never until recently seen anything like this red flash. Has anyone else run into something like this or does it sounded more related to the DVD player or even the TV? It is a projection TV and the thought that it's a flicker coming from the "red tube" has entered my mind, but it only seems to happen on DVDs and not regular television. Any thoughts? Thanks!

2. gear79

gear79 Guest

what tv do you have?
    perhaps there is an auto color adjustment or the guns in the tv need to be removed and cleaned... they say in RPTV's that it is maintenance for the tv.
    i had it done to my RPTV a few months ago, but it came with my extended warranty... get done 2 times a year for free for 3 years..

just a thought... sounds like thats your problem !