1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flip top problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by swaowner, May 16, 2004.

1. swaowner

swaowner Guest

games load up most of the time fine, i get the pink outline sometimes but just restart again and usually works the next time. But the system seems to freeze up during gameplay or im the loading of the game. Im thinking the white disk in the flip top lid might move while the game is playing or something like that. Any help is greatly appricated. Thanks in advance

2. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Hey, try taking the white lid out of the holder and place it on the spinner manualy when you are performing a swap or loading a game. See if that doesn't fix your problem.

3. =THE_ONE=

=THE_ONE= Member

i see alot about fliptops. can you just take of the top cover and let it run open? Or would that cause problems

4. mgray09

mgray09 Member

Do the new fliptops have that problem (where you have to put the white disc in manually)
    I just ordered one and I don't want it to be a faulty one. I have a v.4 ps2 by the way. Thanks

5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

=THE_ONE=

Yes, you can run your PS2 with the top housing and DVD drive top off and acomplish the same thing. Just be sure to use the white cap so the disc will not fall off the spindle while it's running. If you're worried about getting dust in your system, simply place the top housing back on your PS2 without screwing it back into place for convenience.