Followed instructions, still no PC to XBOX connection...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by bevo1982, Jun 25, 2005.

1. bevo1982

bevo1982 Member

Sorry to hijack this thread, but i'm trying to do the same thing. I sent my xbox off to get modded and it has come back and when I start it up it says "EVO X" in a pink triangle in the top left hand corner of the screen. When this goes away, the main xbox screen comes up and it looks like the standard factory xbox screen.

I have set xbox ip settings to 192.168.0.2 subnet to 255.255.255.0 and gateway to 192.168.0.1 . DNS settings are set to automatic.

computer settings are 192.168.0.1 with subnet of 255.255.255.0

When i pressed 'connect' on the xbox it said a connection was established successfully and my PC says "Local area network connected" so the direct crossover link is OK.

What I can't do is connect via ftp through Flashfxp. I go to quick connect, url: 192.168.0.2 u/n: xbox p/w: xbox . I have also tried leaving user name and password blank.

Do I still need to download this EvolutionX onto CD and load onto the xbox? I thought paying to have my xbox modded would have covered all this stuffing around.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2005
  2. Encrypter

Encrypter Member

Hi make sure the xbox gateway is set as the same number as your pcs if its not change it to the same as pcs and then save and reboot xbox try that and post back to see how you got on good luck

Last edited: Jun 26, 2005
  3. tgienger

tgienger Member

Your settings look correct to me, ya you need a different dashboard, evox is not the only one that had network capabilities but probably the easiest to install and understand.