Fonts : cant find anastasia, any one know where

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by andmerr, Mar 3, 2004.

1. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hi all , wondering does anyone know where i can get an anastasia font that is compatible with windows.Got an old music program called music time which requires it but i dont have that font.

andmerr

2. Xian

Xian Regular member

It appears that the author, Weatherly Systems, has quit distributing the font. If the program Music Time required it, it should have came with it. Anastasia is on a Bitstream Font CD, but you are talking $1495. Fonts are not cheap, I have a friend that used to create them years ago for the Amiga.

From their web site at http://www.weatherlysystems.com

WSI has been providing fonts to everyday and professional computer users for almost 10 years, and we have appreciated being able to serve you.

However, WSI is no longer selling fonts to end users
    or licensing fonts for redistribution.

WSI’s fonts are not freeware, but are commercial software protected by copyright.

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

Xian, thanks for the update, this then means that this program is only scrappable then.Pity its a good music writing program.

thanks for the reply

andmerr

4. Xian

Xian Regular member

No problem. Stuff like that makes me mad. A complete revamping of the copyright system is needed especially for things like that. The company has publicly stated that they are no longer distributing the font so it is basically abandonware but they still say it is not freeware and copyrighted. I think if a company quits supporting and selling a product it should enter the public domain, not the overly extended period of copyright currently in use.

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

you are right about that and i really cant afford 1500.00 dollars for a font.I however approached the company that distributes this program and even though i can prove that i have the original software with serials etc and that i got it from them in the first place ,they said it was 2 old and that all there stuff was now on cd.I could purchase the upgrade for well a measly 70.00 , but havent i already paid for it once, i dont require an upgrade as the program worked fine.

its a small dilema probably get a better program.

andmerr

6. Xian

Xian Regular member

7. andmerr

andmerr Guest

cool didnt think of that will give it go and let you know

thanks

andmerr

8. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hey xian after scouring 90 web sites and d/loading 3500 fonts i have finally located that anastasia font.After copying and paste into fonts the program actually runs but when you go to write the notes on to the staves it doesnt come out as notes in musical form but as poles.

Question: is there a way to manipulate the font to actually work with the program in a Win XP platform with out changing its properties so drastically that it wont function, like making a new and improved version

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2004
  9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

do you know if a program called 'fontlab 'is any good