1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by masterxxx, Feb 20, 2007.

1. masterxxx

masterxxx Guest

I have been trying to backup one of my games dragon quest VIII and the first time I burnt it on a maxell DVD-R 8x at its rated speed but the second time I tried to burn it I used the new verbatim DVD+R 16x and i tried All its supported speeds and haven't been able to get one working as well as the first time, meaning fast loadings.
    I already wasted 10 dvds, can someone please help me with this problem I would really appriciate it. also I had the same problem with my fight night round 3 game but when I burnt it at the lowest speed, I got the best results like it is the original. but never had problems with other games.and one last thing is that I know that it might be different media that caused this but I really want this problem to be solved with my verbatims and also my lens is new.
  2. duzmi

duzmi Member

Feb 16, 2007
    You are setting the booktype to DVD-Rom for DVD+R prior to burning? Or........... just get yourself some DVD-Rs again?- save adding to the coaster collection by sticking with what you know works.....
  3. steimy

steimy Active member

Dec 2, 2004
    i would tend to agree with the above, once you have a media that works every time stick to it like glue.
    But the Verbatim 16X DVD+R should also work.
    Booktyping it to DVD-Rom, if your burner supports it, is the way you will get the best results. Burning at 4X is the speed i would use but others prefer burning them at 8X as well.
    Updating the firmware on your burner, if available, can also help with getting a better burn and give you better media compatibility as far as brands and speeds.