"forum" question

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by mixwell, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixwell

mixwell Guest

Hi folks--

Been using this site for great help with DVD Shrink, and offering my own tips, but now I have a general question about sites like this with response boards like this--what are they CALLED? I want to find other websites on woodworking, beermaking, etc, but I'm not sure what to look for in the webpage descriptions--are these places where you can ask questions and get responses from other members called "boards"? "blogs"? "listserves"? I mean not the names for the SITES, but this specific option--the thing where you leave a question and get a thread of answers?

What do i look for when I want some kind of response board where you can leave questions, receive and give answers, etc.? Any help of this nature would be great, like what tag-word to add to my google search so I can find sites with that option.

Thanks very much,

Mixwell

2. Cinch

Cinch Regular member

This is the wrong forum for this question, but the answer you are looking for is simply 'Message Board' or 'Discussion Forum'.

Those two lines with the appropriate topic should net you a plethora of options to choose from.

3. mixwell

mixwell Guest

Lol, that's the point: I know it's the wrong forum, but I didn't know where else to ask.

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

was this already in all other topics, or was it moved? if the former, then it was indeed is indeed in the proper forum. :)

5. Cinch

Cinch Regular member

It was in the DVD Shrink forum. ;-)

6. mixwell

mixwell Guest

Yeah, and complaining about this is really worth the time you're wasting......

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you got the best answer there is, mixwell. no need to grow an attitude. that's a good way to get sean connery to kick your bum.

[​IMG]

8. mixwell

mixwell Guest

Yeah, and now let's continue MORE unnecessary comments that don't fit in this forum and confound your point of things not belonging here by contributing to it yourself; jesus, you computer folks....go outside and jog, won't you?

9. deadlove

deadlove Guest

There's nothing we like more than wasting time.. There is plenty of it.. In fact there's a whole lifetime of it.

Hey Aus.. sounds like another self important little one who needs a good virtual spanking . muahahahahaha

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2007
  10. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

it's All Other Topics; no one stays where they should for long.

you've got your answer, and there's really no others. this is the point where threads are closed anyway.

isn't it lovely how students can get a break mid-day?

*edit*
    hey, at least jesus loves you. :)

[​IMG]

*re-edit*
    i don't get how it happened. he started off so well, then immediately turned into a d-hammer. *shrugs*

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  11. deadlove

deadlove Guest

It's better how workers can come home in the evening to more retarded chatter on the internet, in the sure and certain knowledge that nothing needs doing till later. :lol:

12. Phlax

Phlax Guest

Corr, someone really pissed in his Cheerios!

Why the sudden change of tone mixwell? No one was complaining; if anything, Cinch was merely answering Auslander's question..

[​IMG]

:)

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

well i had the joy of a 2 1/2 hour journey home, so no dry humour from me tonight, just a 'closed'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.