Frames dropping on Yamada DVX6700 - Can this be cured ?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by ALemming, Aug 10, 2005.

1. ALemming

ALemming Member

I'm trying to watch some AVIs that I downloaded on a Yamada DVX6700. Mostly they seem to work fine but there are quite a few dropped frames which bug me. Is there any way to fix this ?

I've upgraded to official firmware V2, but this doesn't seem to have resolved the problem. Do I have to re-encode my AVIs and if so, how do I do this ?

Thanks in advance,

2. mizer77

mizer77 Member

I have modded my Yamada dvx6700 with "New Age v3" from http://newage.mpeg4-players.info/yamada/6700/6700.html and that fixed all my problems.

Attention!
    Before you start the update it is highly recommend to load the
    Default/Factory Settings of the player once! Remove any CD/DVD
    then load default settings from Setup of the Player!
    1. Turn on the player and insert the Firmware CD.
    2. Close the Drive and the player will display a message you have to confirm
    to start the update. Use PLAY/Select key for this.
    3. Never turn of the Player during update or with Update-CD inside the Player!
    Wait until the player restarts by itself or you get a success message onscreen. If the
    Update-CD is still inside the player use the “OPEN” key on remote to remove it! Update
    will only take a few minutes so please be patient. Do not touch the power button of
    the Player!!!
    4. Keep the update CD in a safe place or break it so it cannot be used by an
    unauthorized person, so make sure the CD cannot be used by accident.
    5. After successful update it’s recommend to load “Default” settings once from the Setup
    Menu of the DVD-Player.
    6.Don’t forget to make the prior changes you have made especially if you are using a
    5.1 System or digital output. (Default is always Stereo (2 channel) output!)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2005