Free laptop

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Methos8, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Methos8

Methos8 Member

I found this website that attracts advertisers by offering people like us a free laptop. Of course there is a catch: you need to pay a $5 membership fee (via paypal) and then all you need to do is recieve up to 3 emails a week that contains an advertisement and a link for you to click on. So basically they make money from the advertisers and you get rewarded with a laptop after 2-3 months. The amount of money they are paid for advertisements makes it easy for them to give away laptops after you stick with them for a few months.
    Each email gives you some points and after about 2-3 months you will have enough points to get the laptop.
    It's so simple! The laptop is brand new and top of the line!
    And just think, even if you don't really believe that they are telling the truth, the $5 membership fee is so negligable that why not just try it?
    I have researched on the net and have found that others have joined this and have recieved their laptop as promised. Its a risk that I believe is well worth it!
    To join, just click the link in my signature, read what they have to say and join by sending $5 through paypal.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

I believe you are making money if we do what you say. Also, im pretty sure this is against forum rules.

3. Methos8

Methos8 Member

1) I am making no money on this. If you sign up I get a measly 2 points for referral.
    2) Rules state not to advertise. I can see how this thread could be interpreted as such but rather I want comments and information. I want to know what people think of this and I want to know if anyone has had any success with this. If you were mislead by this then I apologize.

So on that note, anyone know anything about what I described above? It seems easy enough and could work (they get paid a lot by advertisers) so comments anyone?

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Alright, how many points do you need to get the laptop?

5. Methos8

Methos8 Member

150 points to get the laptop. They email you up to 3 times a week and each email contains some points. So far I have only seen emails worth 1 or 2 points. They claim it should take 2-3 months at a rate of 3 emails per week.

Man, I really want a laptop, so thats why I think even if there is no laptop that its worth the 5 bucks. So far I've not heard of anyone who has gotten the required number of points so I can't be certain of it working or not. But if it does for me, you can expect me to be shouting it from rooftops and posting it everywhere so that everyone can benefit from this.

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Legit....not-ligit. Meh -shrugs- Too borderline for me. Discussion terminated. Methos8: please cease and desist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.