From Camcorder to Computer

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Tomolly, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Tomolly

Tomolly Member

Now that I have finally shot some video I wanted to import it into either of my 2 computers, both are up to date xp systems and I have had no luck. Im using the USB 2.0 on my camcorder and both of my systems already have the proper driver installed. In fact it says that when I put the Panasonic software disk in. When I plug my cable into the camcorder and then into either PC a box pops up and says it has found new hardware and is installing it. After a period of time it says there was a problem installing the hardware and it may not work properly. Well using motion dv studio, the software that came with the system it tells me that there is no dv device connected. Any ideas on what is wrong with my usb drivers or is that even the problem. No help yet from Panasonic. Thanks.

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

What model camcorder are you using. I assume it is miniDV. Well don't use USB for tranfer of your video. Use Firewire instead. This article will explain and it just was updated to explain why to use Firewire and not USB: http://www.digitalvideoclub.com/basics/transfer.php

3. Tomolly

Tomolly Member

Thanks. I went out and bought a firewire cable and all is well now. No problems at all.

Thanks again.

TM