from xbox to PC

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Curtis-P, May 5, 2005.

1. Curtis-P

Curtis-P Member

so I modded my box recently after learning you can't burn games from your pc alone and such. no I have a game stored on my Xbox. is it still possible to send it to my PC for backing up threw the FTP or do i need to have the disc in the hard drive of my xbox to send it to my computer ?
    thanks for any help in advance

2. Curtis-P

Curtis-P Member

okay lets clean that message up a little sorry.
    I Ripped a game to my xbox hard drive. I no longer have the disc in my possesion. Can i still burn a backup or do i need the disc in the Xbox hard drive to Rip it to my PC hard drive ?

sorry if it's all confusing what im asking.

Curt

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

connect your xbox to your pc and ftp the folder with the game that you copied to your pc. (it'll be in the 'GAMES' folder in your xbox). Once you have the game on your pc,you use either quix or craxtion to make the image. Patch the image if needed with either quix or craxtion. Once the image is made and patched,burn with either alcohol 120%/nero/dvd decrypter.

4. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Are you asking.. "can I transfer game files from my xbox HDD to my PC via FTP so I can back up to a DVD?"

Simply put, yes.

Would be the same scenario as transfering from the xbox DVD-Rom. Only difference would be.. instead of accessing your D Drive on the xbox, you need to access either E:\GAMES or F:\GAMES (depending how your xbox is set up). Then reconstruct the files with Qwix or Craztion to an xbox specific ISO, then burn that ISO with DVD Decrypter.

EDIT: dang.. punqewe beat me by 1 minute. lol.. disregard this messege if his helps you :p

Last edited: May 6, 2005
  5. Curtis-P

Curtis-P Member

thanks for both of you guys answering. much help.

Curt.