Ftipin' problem, help needed! n00b in need...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by illiawer, Jul 12, 2005.

1. illiawer

illiawer Member

I'm having trouble connecting to my xbox (softmodded with SID 3 and Splinter Cell) from my pc(AMD Athlon 64 3400+, 512mb ram <--- I don't know if this info is useful...), I'm using a linksys router, brand new because the other router I had, the DLINK DI-512, wouldn't connect to the modem, a speedstream 5100<-- really bad combo. Anyway the problem is flashftp doesn't recognize the xbox, for some odd reason. I know there are a lot of threads about this, belive me I know, I've been reading for a week now with no luck for my problem. But anyway, when I go to the settings on the xbox, the first line is DHCP, so that is on, static ip is off, username I suppose is xbox since it doesn't say so anywhere on the settings, but people say it is on threads I've read, what it does say is password, which is xbox. The Ip address is 192.168.0.2
    So, any ideas of what could be wrong, or what can I do???
    I also read that maybe it would be easier to use Avalaunch, I'm currently using Evox, how do I change that? Also, I installed, or so I think, Xbox Media Center on the xbox, from Aid 2.0, can't find it though, how do I run it? And one last question, when can I start playing backed up games, right after the softmod is installed???
    Well, I hope somebody can help me out, with all this.
    Thanks a lot!

2. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

If you are using WIN XP then open show all connections then change the IP of your xbox connection to 192.169.0.3 and when you open the ftp program preferably flashfxp the IP should be 192.168.0.1. Yes the FTP program its differnet and the windows connections settings IP is different.

3. illiawer

illiawer Member

cool, I'll try that, thanks dude!