FTP from XBOX to HDD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Evox7, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Evox7

Evox7 Member

uniique1

Hi, I have a few questions about FTP from my XBOX to my HDD. I have already done this with numerous games. I have an xchip for my mod chip. I have flashed Evox on my xchip and I use a EvolutionX Version 3935. I have the EvolutionX version 3935 saved to a DVDR and I boot to that disc when I want to FTP to my HDD usually. I have not tried to use it in a while and I just tried to use Craxtion4, which I always use without any problems, and it tells me that it cannot connect to the network. I have checked my settings and my these are the settings for my XBOX:
    IP address: 192.168.100.10
    Subnetmask: 255.2556.255.0
    DefaultGateway: 192.168.100.1
    Type is Static
    Line Status 100/Full Duplex
    Ethernet MAC address 00:50:F2:56:F8:BB
    The only thing I use my modchip for is to play backup games and to FTP games from my XBOX to my PC's HDD. I am very confused why this all of a sudden stopped working. Just when I think I have it all figured out, it stumps me. I have read through this thread and I can tell you know what you are talking about. I actually tried following them because they all pretty much are the same problems you are fixing under this thread. Just so you know I am using a crossover cable connected directly from my XBOX into my Network Card in my PC. I only have dialup (out in the middle of nowhere). If you could pleeeaaaassseee help me, I would greatly appreciate it. Also here are my PC settings under properties of TCP/IP for my network card:
    IP address: 192.168.1.2
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Thanks,

2. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

hiya

follow this guild if you want to try and use flashFXP

i take it that you trying to ftp your pc to xbox ... if you go to your xbox network settings and enable the static IP and use this for your static IP 192.168.0.3 and also make sure your network settings on your xbox is enabled your subnetmask on your xbox should be 255.255.255.0

then on your pc go to your local network settings and for the IP make it 192.168.0.4 and subnetmusk 255.255.255.0 and well i used flashFXP which works great for me if you gonna use flashFXP open it up and then on the right hand side click on the connect icon which looks like lightning bolt and click on quick connect or just press F8 and a window will come up for the server or ulr type 192.168.0.3 leave the as 21 and xbox:xbox will be username:password then click connect and thats it

hope this helps

3. Evox7

Evox7 Member

Hey,

Thanks for your help. I am able to use FlashFXP and Craxtion4 now. What was wrong was that on my XBOX, when I boot to my EvolutionX 3935 bootdisc and go to my settings, the IP was set at 192.168.l00.1. My network settings on my network card were 192.168.1.2 and what it should have been was 192.168.100.2. I did not know that there was a difference in 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.100.2 but when I entered in the correct way in my network settings I was able to FTP to my HDD on my PC. Thanks alot for all of your help.
    One more question if you don't mind. I was wanting to know it is possible to save some games on my HDD and then use my crossover connection to my XBOX to play the games I have saved on my PC's HDD. Also if you could give me some good sites to learn how to use my EvolutionX build 3935 bootdisc better or all of the features on it. I have heard that Avalaunch is better but I am not sure how to obtain this either. I guess I just want to know if you could recommend some good sites to find out how to use my modchip to its fullest capabilities. Thanks again!

4. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@nevwst

Sorry I missed your earlier post...

It is very possible to save game to your hard drive if you have the space and the right program. I've never tried play over a home network, don't know if it's possible and wouldn't recommend it. I prefer DVD2XBOX http://www.xbox-scene.com/software-result.php and some like to use http://www.xbox-scene.com/software-result.php. Just FTP either one or both into your Apps folder and you can rip games and play them off your xbox hard drive.

What size hard drive do you have installed now?? The average xbox game is 2.5GB (roughly). Hope that gives you an idea of what you're working with.

5. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

@uniique1

no worries mate ........ which post .......?

Evox7 - your questions are answered thanks to uniique1 xbox is great aint it enjoy

6. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Sorry nevwst,

That was intended for Evox7. He had addressed the thread to me but I saw it late I guess. Thanks for steppin in though.

7. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

Ooooops me being nose .........:)

8. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Nah man...you're doing what you're supposed to do, HELP. If one of us can't, the other will(should). See you around the forum. Maybe we'll tag team again and try to help some members.LOL.
    [​IMG]

9. Evox7

Evox7 Member

I appreciate both of your help. Yeah I am going to try those links and see what I can get rolling with it. I just have the normal 2.5 GB HDD in my XBOX I think. And that won't even hold one game on that, right? I do have an 80 GB HDD that I currently have hooked up to my PC as an external USB HDD. But I think I really would like to get a real large one, like around 250 GB. Thanks again for all of your help. You have been very helpful!

10. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

*You're Welcome
    If you fully want to benefit from having a modified xbox I suggest you get at least a 250GB HDD. The minimum size I would get is a 200GB.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2005
  11. PAUL0617

PAUL0617 Regular member

do i need evox in order to ftp to xbox with a spider chip?need alot of help?

12. PAUL0617

PAUL0617 Regular member

do i need evox in order to ftp to xbox with a spider chip?need alot of help?

13. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

If not EvoX then another dashboard, your choice but you will need one as with any mod.

14. PAUL0617

PAUL0617 Regular member

here's a question: spiderchip screen doesn't show up load options for spiderchip.does it mean its bad

15. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

I'm sorry but I don't knw the answer to that one. Maybe you should post that question in a new thread. Label the title so it's easy for people trying to help that know that chip well.