FTP problems..SLOW!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by flamethis, Oct 1, 2005.

1. flamethis

flamethis Member

Hey guys, you all seem to know your stuff. I am having a problem FTPing files to my computer to run through xISO.
    I did 3 backups no problem at first, then all of a sudden I can't vconnect or it connects VERY slowly. Then if I'm lucky enough to get connected, it transfers the files at 1-3 kbps. It says I'm connected at 100Mbps but it doesn't matter because it goes so VERY slowly.

Any idea what might be my problem,? I have my firewalll shutdown and AV program while doing it too.

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Try using Qwix 1.01. Create a connection with it the same as you did with whatever FTP client you're using. You will be able to use Qwix to transfer the game from your xbox to your PC. In addition, the transfer can create an .iso for you as it transfers. Kill 2 bird with one stone.

[​IMG]

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

is your conection 100mbit all the way through? Or did you add anything that could be a bottleneck? Either way,your speed is way off what it would/should be. Any breaks in your network cables? Also quix can only use some of those features if you use avalaunch or unleashed as a dash....but they are nice features none the less.

4. sweetm

sweetm Guest

mine is slow as well it's only running at 1.90kbs it's been on all nearly two days getting these game files for me to backup, what can i do to speed things up, i'm using flashfxp

5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

to rule out the program being the problem...try ftping to your box with Internet Explorer (I know it's evil,but bare with me) Just type into your explorer address bar

ftp://xbox:xbox@ip of your machine

Your folders should apear now. Try to copy and paste a file to your xbox,or from your box to see if there's a speed difference. There won't be an actuall kB/s log,but you should be able to tell by the speed it takes. If there's a speed difference,then it's most likely your ftp app....and trying a new one might solve things. Like trying cuteftp,or bulletproof even.

worth a shot.