FTP PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by tawalker, Jan 26, 2006.

1. tawalker

tawalker Member

Can someone please help me out. I'm trying to backup my xbox game for the first time. I'm using FlashFXP and when I try to FTP my xbox I keep getting this message:

FlashFXP v3.3.5 build 1110 [BETA RELEASE]
    Support Forums at http://forum.inicom.net

[bold][R] Connecting to 192.168.0.1 -> IP=192.168.0.1 PORT=21
    [R] Connection failed (Connection refused)[bold]

I'm connecting through a router. I'm using my xbox ethernet cord.
    Thanks for your help.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

OK read thorugh some FTP guides and make sure you are doing
    everything correctly.
    http://www.teammodders.com/viewforum.php?f=45

It is very important that you have the IP adresses in all three things set up right. The PC will be whatever it is.
    The Xbox will have a number that is slightly different, and FlashFXP will get the same IP address enetered into it as what you have in the Xbox. The user and password will both be xbox.
    for example, if your LAN connection on the PC says it is
    192.168.0.1 then the xbox and FlashFXP should be something like
    192.168.0.2 as the IP address.

I asume that the router is correct or you would have no internet access. So it should be a simple crossover cable from the Xbox to one of the routers ports as far as connectiong it.
    I have also seen people have problems because they did not have the connection set up to be DHCP, i know that is how mine is set up.
    I also use a router. But you should have a setting that says static IP and has a yes or no in your Xbox settings, set it to NO
    If those guides do not straiten you out then go to the main page of that site, they have an online chat feature and if anyone is in there then they may be able to walk you through it. But make sure you give them a few minutes to answer you when you ask.

3. tawalker

tawalker Member

Thanks for your help. All the IPs are set to 192.168.0.1. Could that be the problem

4. tawalker

tawalker Member

Thanks a lot. The IPs were off. It connected now.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

nice, yes it was that all the IP's were the same.
    they can not be that way, have to be like 1 number apart for each device.

6. tawalker

tawalker Member

I couldn't get Craxtion to work so I used Quix. The tutorial I had said that I had to patch an .xbe file, That's why I thought I had to do it. I used Nero to burn the game so maybe I didn't do that right. Should I use DVD-R or DVD-RW discs.

7. njbecke1

njbecke1 Member

I've had luck with both DVD-R or CD RW.

If you are trying to use Craxton 4, it needs the ".NET Framework". It can be found with a Google search.

Also- I've not seen anyone mention this here and it has helped me lots. I connect through a Netgear router so this option may not be available for other routers... You can login to the router and ask what devices are connected. Sometimes the XBox shows up- sometimes it doesn't. If it does then, BAM, there is the IP you need to connect to (my computers all have names but the XBox shows up as ---- for a name). If it doesn't, try rebooting the XBox or router until it works.

8. qwerty32

qwerty32 Guest

Do you absolutly have to have a router? I am on a university campus, and there are ethernet jacks all in my apt. I have my computer and xbox on seperate jacks. I can connect to the X3 bios through explorer, but I can't connect through Flash FXP. It keeps telling me that the connection was refused? Any ideas