1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fun with Dick and Jane - Error CRC

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jayquik03, Apr 4, 2006.

1. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Just run the .exe file. Those registry entries/files are there for:

1) Just in case you make changes to the program's settings and want to keep those settings by having them saved to your registry.

2) The other is to remove the changes you made from your registry.

Remember to do this:
    Note: When importing the VIDEO_TS.IFO file, if you notice that vobblanker has marked a video title set (VTS) in the top half as skipped, click on the Proc.All button on the right to ensure all video title sets are processed.

This method will work in backing this movie, if you still can't get it to work, then there may be a problem with the disk itself, return and exchange for another.

If DVDfab is taking a long time to rip this movie, there may be someting wrong with the disk itself and/or your drive's May be in the slower PIO mode, so you should check to make sure DMA has been enabled for all devices.

Here's a guide if needed;
    http://www.onthegosoft.com/dma_setting_nt.htm

Last edited: May 5, 2006
  2. oOApEx

oOApEx Member

I did everything right, this makes no sence what so ever. I got the newest version of DVDFab and VobBlanker. Fab takes like 3+ hours to rip a DVD. Then when it finnally does finish I take the files and run them threw VobBlanker and Shrink still cant pick it up. Says it cant read VIDEO_TS.VOB. Everyone is doing it the same way as me but mine doesent work.

3. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

This method will work in backing this movie, if you still can't get it to work, then there may be a problem with the disk itself, return and exchange for another.

If DVDfab is taking a long time to rip this movie, there may be someting wrong with the disk itself and/or your drive's May be in the slower PIO mode, so you should check to make sure DMA has been enabled for all devices.

Here's a guide if needed;
    http://www.onthegosoft.com/dma_setting_nt.htm

4. lucas324

lucas324 Member

oOApEx

you didn't say if you have DVBD43 or ANYDVD. If you don't have ANYDVD and can afford it, get it. There isn't one movie I haven't been able to do with just ANYDVD and shrink. The two work great. DVDFab, vobblanker, shrink, and decrypter is great if you have only free software. Personally I want to get done fast. If you have ANYDVD, you open and rip with shrink and use whatever burning engine you use. Two steps, thats it.

5. oOApEx

oOApEx Member

I tried AnyDVD and it wasent able to burn it. It stopped while ripping it.

6. lucas324

lucas324 Member

oOApEx

ANYDVD can't burn anything. What stopped while you were ripping it? There's no way ANYDVD and shrink couldn't do Dick and Jane.

7. oOApEx

oOApEx Member

Read Error! Ignore Read Errors?

That is what AnyDVD said.

Should I just ignore them then run VobBlanker later

Also, Im not trying to rip Fun with Dick and Jane, Im trying to rip Pirates Of the Caribean.

8. lucas324

lucas324 Member

oOApEx

Forget vobblanker. Open the DVD with shrink.Click on the disk in the left corner. It will preview it real quick. Then chose what you want. Full disk or just the movie. I reauthor mine to get rid of the crap.If you do full disk then just hit backup. If you reauthor click reauthor and another screen pops up. Pick title 1 and move it to the left window. Then click on compression and take out what you don't want. I just leave 5.1. Then hit backup.

9. oOApEx

oOApEx Member

It wont go all the way threw on DVD Shirnk, I tried it like 10 times. I usually use DVD Shrink and Decrypter to burn movies. But I got Fun with Dick and Jane and Pirate of the Caribean and I havent been able to burn either of them. Usually I have no problems burning movies, I know how to use DVD Shrink very good.

10. lucas324

lucas324 Member

besides dvd shrink and anydvd what else is running in the backround

11. oOApEx

oOApEx Member

Aim and Firefox, Right after I click Open Disc then select my drive it says "Copy Protection"

12. lucas324

lucas324 Member

try closing them and try it. This has worked on every DVD that I've done lately. It could be the original disk your using. Try it with another disk. Also do you have all the updates for anydvd?

13. oOApEx

oOApEx Member

I have AnyDVD 5.9.6.0

Is that the newest version?

14. lucas324

lucas324 Member

yea, thats the newest

15. oOApEx

oOApEx Member

Only program I was able to Rip Pirate of the Caribean with was DVDFab, only problem was that it took over 3 hours and when it was finished the files wouldent even go into DVD Shrink even when I used VobBlanker on them.

16. lucas324

lucas324 Member

Have you deleted all the movie files from the folder shrink sends them to?

17. oOApEx

oOApEx Member

It just immedialty says Copy Protection. I dont think files in a folder would matter

18. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

oOApEx,
    The errrors you are getting has nothing to do w/ any program on your computer. The disk either has bad scratches or it is mastered incorrectly. You need to return it for exchange. If AnyDVD and DVDFAB Decrypter can not rip it then the disk is bad

19. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

oOApEx,

Stop the [bold]insanity[/bold] and exchange the disk for another, the one you presently have is absoultely damaged in some way.

20. hound64

hound64 Member

AGAIN, I have no trouble with the movies in question. Why can I burn them and everyone else seems to have problems?? Tks...