Game backups drivin me insannne

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Kamanchi, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Kamanchi

Kamanchi Member

After reading about 20 threads and trainers i simply cannot get my xb to recognise my backup game disk. Please, anyone, before i see red! Rite, i have evo-x2.5 and use Quix101+Avalaunch Alphav0.49.1 and Nero. I transfer game data (halo) to xb hd using DVD2XBOX, then create ISO on pc using Quix+Avalaunch then burn image with nero. Every time i try it on the evo-x ui it says "no disk". i cannot see what is going wrong here???? i have even tried to patch the XBE files prior iso creation in the Quix utility (have no idea what it does though!) but still no F joy. The game will play fine from the xb hd, the blank media is -dvdrw burnt at 4x, i just dont get it!?! the only concern i have is that on the Evo-x ui it says Bios "unknown"??? is this correct? but if everything else seems to be ok then why would it stop the backup from not being recognised??? i will admit i am new to this and only had the xb modded 2 days ago, but i think i am following all trainers/tutorials in the correct way?? well if anyone can give me some advice on this it would be very greatful, 10 blanks wasted and 2 days of forum threads, rahh, rahh, rahhhhhhh.

2. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

its prob ur disks ur using >.> try a dvd+r if that doesnt work try a dvd-r not all xboxs play all media man if u can try a burn Movie in ur drive and see if it works if it does buy that disk type + and - are diffrent by far

3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Kamanchi, are you getting a dirty disc error at all or can your drive not pick up that the backup game is in? I wouldn't waste any more dvd-rw discs, as they are expensive to buy, and reusable only once.

First, I would like to know which Xbox drive you have. If you do not know what one you have, click the link below to find out, http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/xboxdrives.htm

If you have a Thomson or a Philips, it is not uncommon for your drive to have a hard time reading backup games. If you have a Samsung or a Hitachi, then that's another story.

Make sure to use some QUALITY media such as verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, Ritek w/ G03/G04, etc. You could try burning to a DVD+R like Xenokai said above, but most Xbox drives like DVD-R.

Here is another backup guide for you if you are interested...

http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/backupxboxgames.htm

4. Kamanchi

Kamanchi Member

Thanks chaps.
    sadly i have still had no luck, tried all formats of discs but still the same (xb says "no disk"). i have the philips drive but i think i will give up on the disk back-up and just got for a larger harddrive, which is a pain as i am taking the xb away and i didnt want to take original games or a nicely modded xb hence the back-up method. anyway thanks for your input. :)

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2005
  6. Kamanchi

Kamanchi Member

Thanks dawg, sadly still no luck. Tried each pot as the pcb on my drive is different to the one on the tutorial. Took each one down, one at a time and measured with multimeter. One pot started at 1035 ohms and would still read the orignal disks when set to 200, the other started at 912 and would still read when set to below 200. I have set back to orignal values and original dvds read fine, so luckly no broken drive. I am still unsure about the bios as the ui in evo-x 2.6 states that the bios is "unknown"????

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

That sucks! I guess it was worth a shot. I have a philips drive in one of my Xbox's and it just sucks. To this day it cannot read any type of backup game, even if I am using grade A quality media.

My bios comes up as "unknown" on one of my Xbox's using EvoX, I guess I never really cared about that seeing that I know what bios I flashed it with.