1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Game Could Not Be Read"

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by killercow, Jan 8, 2009.

1. killercow

killercow Guest

I burned 5 games,COD WAW,Star Wars the force Unleashed, Guitar Hero 3, Wario Land Shake, and Sonic Unleashed.

My problem is with Sonic, and Wario, after loading, and playing it, it says game could not be read with both games.

I am using Sony DVD-R, IMGBurn 2x Speed, and have a Wiikey with latest firmware. I have no problem with the other games.

What could be the problem, any help would be appreciated.

2. killercow

killercow Guest

Anyone there?, please help!

3. killercow

killercow Guest

Please Help

4. mjlambert

mjlambert Member

How are you making the ISO file? Are you using the correct LG drive to dump the file? Are you using homebrew to copy the files to SD card? or are you using a downloaded ISO?

It is very possible that you are burning a bad ISO.. When i bought my Wii and games i tried downloaded the games i had and could not get anything to work. Spent weeks downloading ISO files that did not work. Ended up caving and picked up the correct LG drive and rawdump and never had an issue, and wont go back :)

5. DivineNeo

DivineNeo Regular member

The ISO file size should read exactly 4,699,979,776 bytes. You find the exact size when you right click the ISO and select properties, dont just look at the size below the name of your ISO if you know what i mean. If the size is correct, then check to make sure that your backups are of the same region as your wii(i.e. NTSC backup on NTSC wii...you get the idea..)

6. sethareno

sethareno Member

I've had the same issues. To cure it just eject the game, wipe off any smudges, and put it back in. After inserting it the game will start where it left off. hope it helps