Game freeze at initial load or title screen

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by RammHawks, Apr 21, 2006.

1. RammHawks

RammHawks Member

I have searched and found some relevant info, however I am using good media and still get the dreaded "dirty disc error" at the title screen of my backups. I'm new to the mod scene, and I've only had my chip for about a week. I'm using FujiFilm Japan (TY mfd.) 8x DVD+R (burn speed at 4x). I do know that I have a Samsung DVD drive, and I have heard that they don't like DVD+. I've tried burning with Nero, Alcohol, and DVDdecrypter, all with the same results. In Alcohol, I've checked off the box that is supposed to help DVD+ compatability, still nothing. Edit- I don't think this is a problem with my DVD drive going out because it plays retail games and movies without a hitch, every time.

Note- I have asked similar questions in another thread, and I was pointed in the right direction, but this particular problem still has me stuck. I feel bad for hijacking the thread, so I wanted to make a seperate...hopefully that's ok.

Thanks in advance for all of your help! :)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  2. yavimaya

yavimaya Member

I have a similiar problem, i have this blazing angels ISO that i just cant make it to work..

I burned with nero 6, the game launches but it freezes in the first screen... dunno whats going on

3. vass57

vass57 Guest

yavimaya same exact problem, with operation flashpoint elite as well. i backed up the iso myself tried to ptch it and still wont load :( any idea anyway?

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

With newer games coming out some people have trouble backing them up due to long file names or due to checks the game makes to see if it has been copied.

If this is a case that has checks on the DVD to see if it has been copied then you will have to search and see if somone has a patch out for the game to patch the check part of the game.

If this is a long file name problem then try the below.

FTP to your D: folder which is your DVD-ROM on the Xbox and pull the folder over to your computer. This will pull all files to your computer without renaming long file names.

Some games have long file names that the Xbox HDD can't handle. So whatever program you use to rip the game to the Xbox HDD it will rename the long files to a shorter name. Doing this will unlink the files from the default.xbe So you will either get a dirty disc error or get to a certain part of the game and it will just freeze. It cant find the file that was renamed because the default.xbe thinks it is still the long file name.

So FTP to Xbox and riping the game from your D: folder will skip the part of writing the game to your Xbox HDD, leaving the file names the same and intact. Now once you get the D: folder over rename it to the game you are ripping. Then make an xISO of the folder and burn to disc.

If you still have trouble getting the game to start then make sure all game saves you might have for the game are deleted and FTP and go to each folder on the Xbox HDD and delete all the files in CACHE folders. Dont delete the CACHE folders, just delete everything inside them. Somtimes game saves and CACHE files can become corrupt.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2006