Game freezes during loading

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by +Alucard+, May 5, 2005.

1. +Alucard+

+Alucard+ Member

I have recently soft modded my xbox and have loaded various games on to my harddrive. Some games work and some games freeze before i can even play them. Also they seem to have the same problem from the disks. Some of these games are Mech Assault 2, KOTOR 2, Unreal Championship 2 just to name a few.
    Is there a certain way i should copy these disks, or perhaps use a cerain brand or type of disk, it is very frustrating because every game that i really want to play just doesnt want to work :p. Anyways any suggestions to fixing this problem will be much appricated.

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well, if they are freezing off of the hard drive, then you have a problem. I take it you have an upgraded hard drive? If so I would maybe reformat it...

What media are you using? Are you burning your games at the lowest write speed possible? What drive do you have in your Xbox? Find out here, http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/xboxdrives.htm

I would suggest using one of these brands of media..

---Taiyo Yudon (considered the god of all media) (many fakes made, make sure you are getting the real thing!)
    ---Ritek Ridata
    ---Ritek G03/G04 (with Ricoh) (many fakes made, make sure you are getting the real thing!)
    ---Verbatim (with MCC dye)
    ---Sony
    ---Fuji MIJ

I pulled that data from this site, http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/dvdmediaguide1.htm

3. twiggette

twiggette Member

Actually, I have the same problem. I ftp'd about 80 games frrom a working modded xbox to mine and only about a fourth work. Most of them freeze either as soon as the box tries to load them or as soon as the 'loading' screen comes up and then I have to hard reset the box. I've burned these games to DVD using multiple different kinds of media that work for my other backups and they still freeze in the same spot.

Is this due to an out of date softmod? If so, how do I remod it?

kthx.
    -twiggette

4. twiggette

twiggette Member

hm.. I just fixed the issue.
    If you're running UnleashX:
    1. Make sure you have the correct date set.
    2. Empty all files stored in e:\cache x:\cache y:\cache or z:\cache (not the folders themselves just the files within them)
    3: turn off 'Abort on Error' under settings/system/abort on error

I'm not sure which one of these three fixed the problem but my games run just fine now. :) Hope this helps someone.

5. dysekt

dysekt Member

hrmm, twiggete check my pm if u get a chance

6. el3v3nty

el3v3nty Member

it worked... sweet thanks twiggette

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  7. tabingam

tabingam Member

Thanks. Deleting the cache files fixed my problem too.