Game frezzes at main screan

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by twistedD, May 12, 2006.

1. twistedD

twistedD Member

Hey.. I downloaded a game a few days ago through torrents and at the time I had a softmodded xbox.. So I burnt the game straght to dvd using dvd decripter, And put it in my xbox it booted up the game fine went through the logos then froz right at the main screan (just before the main menu) All I did was push the "A" butten.

I then unrared the .iso using c-xbox tool and tranfered it to the hd still did the same thing.

I then did a tsop on the xbox and upgraded the hd and installed evox, gave the dvd I burned a try and it still didnt work at the same spot again..

This has NEVER hapened to me before.. (Only with one game witch was gta san andreas.. But that was easy to fix (I added a little thing in the .ini file of my freinds xbox that had evox installed) Will I need to do the same thing to get the game to work? (I dont remember what was put into the ini file though) So.. What will make the game work?

Twisted_dragons

2. steimy

steimy Active member

what game is it? that would help.

I have only had one game do that to me so far and that is
    Brothers In Arms-Earned In Blood
    plays fine from the disc but to spite all my best efforts i can not get it to run from the HDD. I have tried about every method i have ever used (DVD2Xbox, FTP with various program, extracting ISO strait to HDD with Craxtion and Qwix) and it still freezes at the second screen it comes to with the ratings on it.

3. twistedD

twistedD Member

The game I'm using is DDR Ultramix 3... I guess its possible that the game could been corupted wile downloading I guess I could try redownloading it.. But its just that I had to unrar the file in the first place and it had no errors.. So I still dont get why it doesnt work.

I know by just adding a few little words in the ini I could get gta san adreas to work without any troble.

4. twistedD

twistedD Member

OK I was fooling around with the xbox and I put a stock hd inside the xbox with the ms dashboard installed I botted up the game and it worked fine (Keep in mind that I have the tsop installed with the evox m7 bios on it)I dont know why its now working but it seems to be fine. Only with the ms dash board on it. How can I get it to work with my upgraded HD?

P.S. The hd that I'm using is not able to be locked!