1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Game loads fine with SwapMagic 3.6 but gives black screen after memory card screen

Discussion in 'PS2' started by SapphireLuna, Oct 24, 2021.

1. SapphireLuna

SapphireLuna Newbie

Hey. So it's been a few years since I used my SwapMagic 3.6 disk but the disk itself works fine. I'm using the fat PS2. I tried loading two games and both will load normally, get to the usual memory card confirmation screen, and then they give me a black screen after confirming the memory card. I tried not inserting a memory card in case it was the problem, and I still get the black screen after confirming being unable to save.

Both of these disks used to work without problem before. I've played them many times before. Since I see the game's own loading screen , and the game's own memory card screen I can only assume the disk works fine. I tried it with other games to make sure, and they get passed the memory card screen just fine. It's just these two. I never had this black screen issue after confirming the memory card. Again, I played these disks fine in the past and they do seem to load, it's only after the memory card screen that I'm stuck. Any ideas?