Lately as a result of the pandemic, I've had a lot of time on my hands such as building PCs from recycled parts, so I figured, why not convert all my series into a portable format. So I decided it was time to convert the Game of Thrones series on BD into .m4v. Decryption is as always the primary issue when copying from from BD discs, so I grabbed my old legal copy of AnyDVD, installed it and put it to the test. It immediately and successfully scanned my disc so I knew I was good for at least season 1. Season 1 has 10 episodes spread across a 5 disc set. When copying a short series from BD, it's going to be loaded sometimes with hundreds of small irrelevant video files that are useless and will slow ripping the disc considerably. Just to make a point I think it took close to or better than 30 minutes to rip disc 1, which had only two episodes. For the 2nd disc in the series which also had 2 episodes, I decided to locate the main files. To do this first go to the top tool bar for viewing files and set it to details, which gives you all the file sizes. Then open the disc, locate the main video files which are always the largest, and then copy and paste them into a folder. Took only about 8 to 10 minutes per file which is a lot faster than ripping. To reencode I used Handbrake, the application that if it had decryption capability would've been the logical evolutionary path for DVD Shrink. As Expected everything went great and the results were visually indistinguishable from the originals. From there I completed season 1, 2, and 3 over as many days without a hitch, but when I reached season 4 I ran into a hiccup. AnyDVD gave the message that it needed to access the online database in order to decrypt disc 4. I immediately suspected that it was bullshit and that RedFox had disabled it online. Remember when we were all told that we could continue to use it, but just not update it? I don't think they're standing by that anymore. And then I had an idea! I uninstalled AnyDVD and all supporting files, reinstalled it, and lo and behold it allowed me to extract the files from season 4. Thinking that it will probably be neutered again in another couple of days or so, I decided to go from rip and encode to just rip all the way through to season 8, which it did without a hitch. I'm not sure how many times that will work. What is clear if I'm to continues ripping is that it's time to go on a search for a new favorite decryption software. I will say this! When copying to a portable format in containers .mp4, .m4v, and .mkv Handbrake is about as good as it gets. So Handbrake gets approval while AnyDVD and Sly Redfox continues to piss me off.