Games are TOO small

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by haduke, Aug 3, 2006.

1. haduke

haduke Guest

I have a couple of XBox games that I was trying to back up to DVDs. But they are too small! What kind of crap is that?!?!? LOL!

But anyhow... the games are Army Men: Major Malfunction and Unreal Tournament.

I was wondering if I made a few dummy files and put them in with the game files, then tried to burn the xiso if that may work. If anyone has any ideas about that, please let me know. I have plenty of disks to experiment with, so it's just a hunch that I need a second opinion on.

Also, I was wondering if it would be possible to burn more than one game on a single disk. Not sure how that could be done, or if it could be done. If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

2. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Putting a few games per disc is a good idea. Most of the discs I have made contain 2 and some 3 or 4 games. Craxtion makes a decent multi-game disc, but there are other ways out there as well.

3. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

There's a couple ways to go about it.

Extract all the games into their own folders and then put them into a single folder.

Something like this.
    Main Folder
    -Fusion Frenzy
    -Metal Arms
    -TimeSplitters 2

Next, you can either turn the main folder into an xiso with Quix or you can add a menu screen to the disc, which would be similar to an Xbox Demo Disc menu (can be downloaded from xbins).

4. haduke

haduke Guest

If I decide to add them all to the same disk and burn them to an xiso, when I go to play them on my XBox, will they all show up on the screen for me to pick one of them? Or do I HAVE to make a menu screen?

Plus... is it possible to do the dummy file idea I mentioned earlier so that the folder will be big enough to burn onto a DVD?

5. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

It depends on the dashboard. Avalaunch will actually bring up a menu with the games on the disc. I don't know whether or not other dashboards will do that or not, which is why it's probably a good idea to use MenuX (hacked Xbox demo disc menu).

Even if the game is 600 MB, you should be able to burn it onto DVD media. You never have to use dummy files with Xbox games.

What are you using to back-up and burn games with?

6. haduke

haduke Guest

I am using Nero. I first use Quix to make the game into an xiso. Then I burn that to a DVD using Nero.

I made a 1000 MB Dummy file and put that in with the xiso for Unreal Championship. The game plays fine off of that disk now.

I will more than likely just do the dummy file idea for House of The Dead 3 and Army Men: Major Malfunction since it seems to be the quickest and easiest way that I know how to do it without having to download any other programs.

The menu thing might come in handy later on. Is there anywhere I can get that besides xbins? For some reason I can never get xbins to work.

Thanks for all your help guys. I greatly appreciate it.

7. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Try www.x-b-o-x.net for the MenuX download. You'll have to register first though.

Also, I've backed up House of the Dead 3 without using dummy files. Just use ImgBurn if Nero isn't letting you burn smaller images onto DVD.