Games from bittorrent

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Geotista, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Geotista

Geotista Member

I been browsing around the forums gathering info. but to make sure i made this thread.

so i downloaded a game using bittorrent and i want to transfer it over to my xbox so i can play it, i got a brand new xbox so my best guess its i need to go buy a dashboard and open up the xbox and install replace it? or can it be done with the current dash?

Ive already downloaded flashfxp, qwix, and read something about softmodding so downloaded SID.4.0 just incase i need it. I also have the crossover cable if its needeed.

So can i send the game i downloaded from bittorrent to my xbox to play it at my current state without the use of a new dash, etc? if so can you help me out? if not what do i need? and where do i get it?

thanks in advance.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You either need it hard modded or soft modded to play backup games.

The dashboard is not a hardware part. It seems that is what your thinking the dashboard is. It is the interface that runs your Xbox. When you turn on your Xbox and you get to the part where it lets you set the time and date or work with the gamesaves etc that is the dashboard.

Id suggest searching and reading up on how to softmod and what you need. There is alot in doing it. To much information to tell you in 1 thread. You need to help yourself and do the searching and reading up on it before attemting to do it. We allhad to do the work and search.

If you still have questions after searching and reading up on how to do it and need help if you get stuck at a part then feel free to ask for help. I will give you 1 bit of advice. If you do softmod your Xbox id sugest transfering over your C and E folders of the Xbox HDD to your computer and have a backup of it.

So if your really wanting to do this start searching and learn and read up on guides and information. That is the best way you could help yourself.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2006
  3. Geotista

Geotista Member

well thanks. ill go find out how to sofmode and take it from there. if i get lost or something ill make sure to ask which i doubt i would. and thanks for the hint on bakcing up c and E

4. cearel

cearel Guest

be carful man they don support piracy here and they will ban you so watch how you ask for help