Games from xbox HD to PC then to DVD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by RXV2300, Jul 3, 2005.

1. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

Can someone please help on how to make back-up copies of games already loaded on xbox HD.
    How do I transfer game that has already been loaded on xbox hd to PC then make a backup copy of same onto dvd.
    Thank you,

2. coex0000

coex0000 Member

if your pc is connected to a switch/hub then just connect a cat5/rj45 cable from your xbox to your switch/hub and use FlashFXP and ftp connect to the xbox and download the files to your hd and create an ISO and burn the image to a dvd

3. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

I'm rather newbie in this.
    What do you mean by if my pc is connected to a switch/hub?
    I am presently being able to make backup copies when I try to read off the original off the xbox.
    I insert original game(game dvd)into xbox & use networking cable to make connection from xbox to pc (I have dashboard/evox & xchip installed) & make iso, patch, etc....
    But now what I want to be able to do is, (as I have the option) is to install original game directly onto xbox hd which I've changed to a 120G, once installed (already have few game on it) is to transfer that game off of xbox hd to pc then make backup copy.
    lear.

4. dikdimond

dikdimond Regular member

You are using DVD2Xbox,correct? Do you know which folder you put your games into,on the Xbox HD? Merely FTP into your Xbox,find which folder you put it in,and transfer it to your PC. A program called Qwix will create the Xbox iso,and you can then burn w/DVD Decrypter or any other image burning software.

5. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

I just noticed a small perhaps not small issue with my xbox.
    Somehow IP address (192.168.1.200)which also appears on the screen
    in the ip column has vanished.
    Noiticed this when I was trying to make connection between my xbox & pc & it couldn't find the connection until I noticed that the IP address has somehow been removed/erased, don't know how....
    Using xchip, evox & Slayer's is where I can find all info
    Anyone knows what I need to do to get back this IP to its' right place?
    Thank you,