GAMES HAVE DISAPPEARED!!! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Enforcer7, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Enforcer7

Enforcer7 Member

Hello everybody. I am currently running a modded Halo Edition Xbox with a 300 gig hdd. I have had no problems whatsoever until today. I backup the last of my collection today and have about 20 gigs free. But, when I went to my games list, it was empty. I was just using it last night. I am running the EvoX dashboard and have tried all that I could (ftp into xbox from windows - empty folder, using Xbox Media Centers File Viewer - empty). everything else functions great and I know the hdd didnt erase itself because there are emulators that are still perfectly functional...just no games. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please respond ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Adrien

2. cbruce

cbruce Member

too much space! 300gig is too much!

3. Enforcer7

Enforcer7 Member

300 gigs is not too much. Its been working great on everything up until today. Besides, that doesn't explain why they have just disappeared off the hard drive. I need any ideas to make them, at least, appear so I can back them up to DVD-R. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

4. cbruce

cbruce Member

oh sorry, where did u ge ur harddrive from?

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I have a 300 gig hard drive. Did you check and maksure that all the partitions are enabled? With my 300gig I had to split it to 2 partitions for the games I think f drive and g drive. I installed my games on the G drive but they wernt coming up in my games list so I looked around and noticed that the G drive was disabled on the drive list in the system part of the dashboard so I enabled it and they showed up in the list.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  6. Enforcer7

Enforcer7 Member

yeah, I've already checked all of that...keep in mind, I had over 250 gigs already on the HDD and it worked great. I added about 8 more games and when I rebooted, my entire games list was blank (but my hdd still shows the space is full) and my DVD2Xbox refuses to load off the hdd. I have tried connecting my HDD to an external usb device to hook it to a computer but none of my computers can read the hdd. I'm out of ideas and about to just call it a wash. Any more help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2005
  7. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Have you tried reinstalling your dashboard or using a different dash like Avalaunch.

8. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

Did you recently replace your BIOS Image on your Modchip? say a move from EovX M8 to an X2/3 One? Sounds like your Partition Tables got scrambled up. Which could happen if you change Firmwares like that.

Did you try useing BoxPlorer? To see what was left of your F: or G: Drives? Perhaps you may have mislinked the locations in your evox.ini File. With a simple correction this can be fixed. Allthough this would not explain why the XBMC would also fail to 'see it'. This is why I asked the question above...

9. plat1234

plat1234 Member

I have the same issue. I have a 300gig hard drive. I had about 20 gigs left. After moving one additional back up to the hard drive, all of the games in that directory disappeared. It affected nothing in the directories above the games directory. All that was left in the games directory was a single empty directory.

I'm still searching, but I've found some forums that MIGHT suggest a problem with the LBA48 addressing. Indeed... perhaps 300 gigs IS too much. :)

If you find anything, please tell me. I've removed the hard drive for storage purposes. I would much like to restore its state. I'm currently looking at xboxhdm to possibly manipulate the hard drive from my pc. If I can find a way to sector edit, I think I might be able to solve it. Bleah...

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@plat1234

I dont know what to tell you to do but I know that 300gigs is not to much. I have had my 300gig working in my Xbox for almost a year now with no trouble. So there has to be some settings or somthing that is messing it up. I just wanted to state that a 300gig HDD in your xbox does work.

Goodluck with your problem anyway.