1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games using PS2 HD / HDLoader

Discussion in 'PS2' started by zartan_jk, Jun 24, 2004.

1. zartan_jk

zartan_jk Guest

I know the upcoming ESPN Football takes advantage of the Sony HD by caching plays to the HD to be shown later in a highlight reel -- like Sportscenter or Primetime.

If I use a third party drive and format it with HDLoader, and play the official disc (NOT OFF THE HD), will the game be able to use the HD for the highlights? Or would you need the Sony drivers for that to work (and can you install Sony drives on a third party HD)?

And this is just a question about how a thrid party HD works with the PS2. I know the game isn't out yet, but that was the only example I could think of.

2. lebowsky

lebowsky Guest

I highly doubt that a drive formatted with HDLoader will work with PS2 games that utilizes the PS2 hard drive.

3. zartan_jk

zartan_jk Guest

That's what I figured, but can you use the Sony disc to somehow get the PS2 games to see the HD?

4. WEStar

WEStar Active member

no, official sony hdd has a special firmware in it that other hdd don't. You might be able to get the games to recognize them by using hacks... I heard of hacks to get the resident evil game to work with hdd but, I don't know much about

5. zartan_jk

zartan_jk Guest

Ok thank you.